Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hi...

Is there any way I can make it so the administrator has to link a sig-pic for it to be able to be used? Basically what I want to do is host everybody's sig-pic so I can control the content... Is there any way I can do this?

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmm.. I haven't heard of that. Right now it's either on or off... I am trying to imagine how you could do it.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I suck at coding ( laugh ) but I wonder if it's possible to add another text field, similar to the user's Profile Field, insert it into the signature field or next to it. (In fact in ubb_lib_posting.cgi you can add other fields to the signature.) Do it so that in the user's profile and registration pages the option of adding images are hidden, but the admin(s) can insert it via CP. Disable image posting in signatures and viola? smile

Hmm...Can that work?

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Sig images are disabled when the topic HTML is created. There wouldn't be an easy way to override this...

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
**NOT THE SOLUTION**. Just for kicks I did this in ubb_lib_posting.cgi:

I Replaced:

Code
[/code]With:

Code
</pre></div></div>And replaced:<br><br> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>
With:

[code]
---------

I then opened up Custom Profile Field 18...Stripped it out of the Profile and Registration files however. I left the image for signatures to "yes". Result? The regular signature field didn't display the images, rather the raw HTML code. The Custom Profile Field 18, I inserted an image there (with "IMG" tags) via CP. The image then displayed.

I could have disallowed images in signatures and just added the $user_profile[18] after the signature ($user_profile[12]) but I wanted the toggle "on/off" intact. laugh

Sponsored Links
jlm Offline
I'd really like to do this as well.

If its possible to lock avatars why isn't this possible?

For your avatars you can just take out the fields in the Registration and Profile files (where the users add their avatar URLs) and just insert them via CP. This prevents users from inserting their own avatars. To have an avatar the users make an avatar request. We've imposed restrictions on what users can submit as an acceptable avatar and only after we allow it we'll upload it for them. thumbsup

One of the benefits of being a member on our board is that he/she can request a custom avatar or signature and our team will create it for them. It is safe and I can happily tell you that the members love it. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63