Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Yeah, ever since I got ubb, it has done magical things

Heres a demo of what my site will look like in a few weeks: http://www.gamingscoop.com/ps2
it will replace http://www.gamingscoop.com look

With the use of Ubb news, I'm taking it it a whole nother step and running it as a news program. But you might say, why do that? Why not use some other script, less work to set up ect. Well, because, its really going to be one of a kind. Letting users reply directly to the Artical. This is also saving me lots of time, because I use to create a new html file copy html and edit just to put up some news, and then I would have to go and edit the links the the file. Now I'm going to save lots of time, and People are hardly even notice that I'm using a message board to relay News.

But thats not all, I have a acual forum for them talking about videogames, and the files are linked, so you see whos online on both, the post are the same, no double sign ups etc.

The html pages, that I put the ubb news code on, also shows if the user is loged in or not, which makes it look better. The search box is linked directly to the bb (I have not seen that done before on any site smile

[ 12-04-2001 08:48 AM: Message edited by: HybridPWF ]

">,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Çã§Pe®_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸
Sponsored Links
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I did that whole "total site integration" thing with Se7enet like six months ago... I'd caution against it, too. I mean, yeah, it sounds cool for a little bit as something to show off, but it really limits the scalability potential of your site as a whole. As cool as UBB is, it's simply not set up to be used as a backend like that. Trust me, I know from experience. But if you really are intent on it, and have any questions about it, feel free to ask me, cuz I've probably already done a lot of it.

---Jamin

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63