Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kahuna
Kahuna
have you ever tried setting up your site, where a few of your members do reports?

meaning once a day or week or month (etc), a poster (or a few) give a report on, say, their latest movie or what they think about the news, etc.

sorta setting up your boards as more than a place for conversation, but as a place for informative or opinionated articles, like a newspaper.

and have you found that this increased conversations, or just post-viewings? (instead of responses)

Sponsored Links
CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Actually I did try this once. I just failed though, because (a) my site didn't get enough hits for it to be worthwile, and (b) my reporters wouldn't work to impress a non-existant audience. frown Reports are great for UBBDev though, like the U-Zine smile

Some of my members are happy to create feature articles that are posted on my home page. It brings them prestige, as well as feeding the overall learning environment on my site. I've had great success with it so far.

Check it at www.catcherman.com

Kahuna
Kahuna
i've actually started doing this at my own site.

i used to do it myself, with maybe 2 or 3 weekly (or monthly) reviews/articles. they started to develop their own little following and build forum traffic over all.

in the past few weeks, i've gone around asking my users if they were interested in doing the same (in exchange for mod status and a custom avatar, amongst other things).

i now have about 6 weekly articles running, which has really helped out my site!

i recomend it! smile

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
That's a really great idea smile We've tried to make our site available to the members to write artciles of interest to them and garner their site a little traffic as well. We might not be presenting it in the best light tipsy

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
well, its definitely having some effect. i've noticed a decent increase of traffic, plus a whole buncha posters have returned (apparently, they've just been "lurkers" for the past few months)

if anything, the articles stimulate conversations and come from new perspectives and view points, which gives off a very open atmosphere.

granted, no one does any of this for "free"... wink

the rewards (bribes) i've handed out include a custom title, mod status, a custom avatar, a "headline" graphic, (restricted) ftp access, and some other little goodies. the freedback and response from this has really gone over well with everyone.

and all of which started from just a generalized "member drive" (a general thread asking users for help / feedback)

I like what you did with your site drkknght. I recall a few sites that had a similar layout with the Flash and I've always admired it. Thumbs up. thumbsup

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63