Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73593 07/02/2001 5:50 PM
Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Whoever edited the WOL 4.0 post in the finished mods section, specifically

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=24&t=000114&p=2

I understand the removal of a lot of the posts, however I do not condone you editing my posts and only leaving in what you deam "OK".

That is just weak. If you would have at least put a message saying "Editing by Admin" or something on ALL of the posts you edited that would at least said "We edited this, so if it is out of context, jump us, not the guy who posted the message".

If the message was a problem, delete the entire thing, don't edit it.

Yeah, I'm pissed. It is your board, do what you will, but... You get the point and who knows, maybe this message will just say "It do get point message say" by the time you are done with it...

Sponsored Links
No offense but aren;t you taking it a little over the edge. I mean come one why can't everybody be nice. And who cares if they edited your post .. I mean it means nothing if they deleted it. Plus the thread was to show everybody his hack and have it debugged for sure and such and you are worrying that it doesnt have your comments about lots of stuff. Man, leave it alone..

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
the thread was edited by one of the admins because it contained pages of needless whining, I do not know what your post said Troy, but I trust the judgement of the people who are admins here...

rather than move the thread out and start over, the thread was pruned back to more reasonable posts... everyone here, including the admins, moderators, and the developers who write the code donate their time free of charge, they do not merit the kind of complaining and whining that went on in that thread... thank you for understanding.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Tech-Ni-Kal and Allen,

You both misunderstand me. I would have had no problem if you just deleted any of my or someone elses messages that you thought were inapropriate.

I do however disagree with editing of posts to fit what you(or whoever) deems ok. When you edit a post you change the words, the feelings and the points of the message are either lost or misconstrued.

If the message is overboard, get rid of it. But don't assume to make my points for me.

The funny thing about all the whining... I was the first to mention it and tell people to button it, and the first one to say I wouldn't reply to anything other than comments about the hack itself...

Anyway, again I'm not complaining about action being taken, it needed to be. However I think you should have some sort of policy about editing someone elses posts. There is a difference between fixing a typo and removing entire paragraphs and reducing the entire message to a single sentance.

Like I said, it is your board and I support your right to do with it as you will(just like I support qasic's right to do what he wants with his hacks), but if your policy is that this kind of editing of posts is ok, especially without a message in the post stating that an admin edited it, nice known'n ya I'm outta here.

Troy I can assure you that the admin who edited your post thought it was inappropriate. I don't know which post you edited or what the original said, but if you PM it to the admins they can explain why it was edited to you.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Again, I do not know what your post said, so I can't answer that... since this is the first time someone has said something about the editing of posts, no we do not have a policy regarding this.

In order to remove any change of the meaning of your posts, I removed them from the thread. You are welcome to post in it now what you meant.

We will have a policy regarding this, but we will not tolerate abuse of the staff or developers. Not that any of your posts were taken this way... thanks for understanding.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I'd just like to take a moment to point out the hack is NOT qasic's, but Borg's...Qasic is just updating it, many people do not notice this fact.

-DT
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
it's actually dave downin's... elliott updated it for v6 and qasic finished/bugfixed it (as the credits for it say) smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Er-hem, I stand corrected smile

Either way, Qasic is just one of the updaters, tis not "his" hack. Just like I mistakingly called my updated "latest reply in forumdisplay.cgi" for ubb5.4x "mine". ^_^

EDIT: Main brain turn on! laugh

[ July 02, 2001 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Dark Templar ]

-DT
Developer
Developer
Of course all credit to Dave Downin. He was courteous to respond to me via e-mail to say that the UBB 6 version of the official port smile

qasic

Sponsored Links
Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
MasterMind, I have no idea who to PM since I don't know who did what. As for the original post, I wouldn't know what exactly was in it. It was fairly long and finished with me saying that I wouldn't respond to any messages unless it was about the WOL hack.

In any case, I dunno why it was edited since I didn't cuss at anyone, etc... I guess that is why it bothers me so much really... I didn't DO anything at least that I felt I should have been edited. That and it would have been nice to get a PM that asked me to edit it myself or something. Not just whacked it at the root and called it a job well done.

Anyway, no point it this now that it is over, but I would like to see something done policy wise about editing someone elses messages.

I don't exactly feel free to speak here any longer knowing that at a whim an admin/moderator can edit what I say and I have to sit and take it.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
We are working on it T, sorry for the misunderstandings...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
For all those people who did argue in that thread..Couldn't you just except the fact that You need That identification to go in, Instead of whining about it all the time?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63