Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Coder
Coder
First off I want to say a special thank you to the Hostboard development team who is comprised of: UBBDev's very own Jordo laugh who handles our custom scripts, Andrei who is our database expert and Marcus who takes care of the our Linux server. Without their efforts and dedication Hostboard would never be able to achieve its current status.

So I am proud to officialy announce Hostboard is now powered by MySQL!

Sponsored Links
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Share? laugh

Good work. smile

just a note:

this is not the frist database drivin ubb, one was powered on DB under for a hack show off but it never came out

also the old s:c was testing mySQL in certain parts of ubb 6.05, but not fully and it wasent public smile

anyway, good job man, care to share?

Oh yes, I remember that board that was running MySQL. So yeah, your not the first.

Is that board still up loo?

Sponsored Links
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
Oh yes, I remember that board that was running MySQL. So yeah, your not the first.

Is that board still up loo?

it was using db under, not mySQL, the hack would have had options for oracal,mySQL. and other db's, but the author stop contacting me frown , and i have no idea if its still up, but i can tell you, it was faster then the mySQL db u have runnin there

Developer
Developer
Great job and all kudos over to jordo who must have slaved endless hours in front of computer to get this code done.

I doubt the code will be made public. 1QuickSI invested quite a lot of $$$ into this project smile

qasic

Coder
Coder
Yes but the difference is this is a production system and not a test system smile

quote:
Originally posted by 1QuickSI:
Yes but the difference is this is a production system and not a test system smile

i understand that smile , just trying to make it clear other attemps have been made, smile tis all.

how long did it take to develop the full working system and are there any problems still int he backend?

It's a good idea to get some money off this. I mean it was worked hard on.

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
There has been a massive re-write of alomost all the original modifications as well as much of the core UBB code. This is a work in progress and by no means is finished yet.

Well, thats amazing.. No, not the fact its running on mySQL. The fact jordo isn't really locked in Elliots box! Actually, i've been working on this same modification for give or take 6 months. I take about 5 minutes a day to work on it, and after my computer harddrive crashed (used drivesavers to get most of the data for the code out) i have backups in the root directory of my server, my backup harddrives, my backup server, floppy disks and cdroms. But I digress. tipsy Good job jordo. (Please, lmk how you did this amazing feet and how long it took you?)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Well done jordo, and congrats Steve - I know all you guys put a lot of work and pride into it. smile

To the others... testing, attempting, blah blah blah really doesn't mean much, it's just talk until you actually put something into production and load test it...

Congrats again guys. smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:

To the others... testing, attempting, blah blah blah really doesn't mean much, it's just talk until you actually put something into production and load test it...

So true... tipsy

Oh, and congrats steve and excellent job jordo.

Coder
Coder
Hostboard's server...

[Linked Image]

When I post, why does my title appear as "unregistered"? I registered, did you like, screw around with the db? tipsy

Coder
Coder
Depends on when you registered as if it was during the port to MySQL we did loose a few IDs in the transition. Otherwise what is your user # and I will go take a look at it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63