Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Note: I posted a similar topic last week, but it was closed because of Infopop's typical policy on reselling. However, I have since gotten permission from Ted O'Neill to sell my UBB.classic license.

I bought an UBB.classic at the start of May, but have found out that I will need to make major upgrades to my webhosting plan if I hope to host as many users as I had originally planned to. So, I have decided to sell my license.

If you're interested in buying an UBB.classic license that includes access to the Member Area until May 3, 2003, please send an e-mail to ofljets@yahoo.com or send me a PM. I am looking to sell it for around $20-$30 less than the original $199 price, but am open to other offers. Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Good luck with the sale, it's too bad you won't have a chance to use it. UBB is an addiction, but a fun one most of the time.

Hey someone from IP, can ya confirm this? smile

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Hard:
Hey someone from IP, can ya confirm this? smile

Ted O'Neill should be able to confirm this if you tell him my e-mail address.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Are you really sure you want to do it? Jigga-Master still owes us his wife, first-born child, airplane and other stuff laugh

https://ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001056

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I say we start bidding 12MN forum time...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That's some hilarious thread, LK!

$150, anyone? wink

i can go as hi as $155

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmmmm... I'll take $160 and a can of RedBull, but that's as low as I can go.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
$161 and shiping and handling tipsy ill throw in a case of bud light

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
ok, I'll take it for $165, you pay the shipping, handling, and any estate taxes, and toss in a case of Starbucks Hazelnut coffee.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
One Million Dollars! Mwahahaha.

two million dollars, shave my toung, take me to dinner, take me to the zoo, send me a infopop server, a free ubb.x, free member acess for life, a new computer, and a keg. wink

*Freaks out and finds it hard to beat that offer* tipsy

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I would go with:
quote:
A percentage share of earnings from you, your wife, girlfriend, friends, family and all associates for the rest of their lives. Two properties on each continent, one within a major city and one within the country. Two private jets, 2 cars per house, a yacht and a modern aircraft carrier. And a mars bar.

fine...!

5 million dollars, shave my toung, take me to dinner, take me to the zoo, send me a infopop server, a free ubb.x, free member acess for life, a new computer, a keg, Microsoft Windows XP source code, 5 Mac notbooks, 6 private jets, 5 houses, 10 cars per house, a signed contrac for your soul, ownership of infopop, 1 millon shares of Microsoft stock, your wife, girlfriend, friends, family and all associates for the rest of their lives, a wet bar in everyroom of my new houses.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Wow, OFLJets is doing a good deal with us smile

I'd go with everything Anime-loo and I said, and add $.50 for my McDonald's' ice cream wink

Oh, wait, I don't want any of Microsoft's shares, I don't wanna be poor tipsy

My money bank needs money!

buy me a class for correcting my spelling and gramer and ill nock off $1 of that 5 mill wink

I'm not that dumb Brad. tipsy

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Why not LD, that way OFL spends more money -> donates more money to the community -> feels good. Don't forget that this thread is to make him sell his license for lots of money tipsy

ah yes, and he will be cleaning up my grammer to boot. good buy if you ask me wink

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

[Linked Image]

btw, I can see how those 4 members are really putting a strain on your host, I'm surprised they've let you keep the board up for this long.

In anycase, is anyone bidding willing to throw in a box of gummi bears? laugh

I can offer more! You just wait, I'll get you a offer you can't refuse

Mwahaha
Mwahahahaha
Mwahahahahahaha
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ha
ha
ha... frown

quote:
Originally posted by tackaberry:
btw, I can see how those 4 members are really putting a strain on your host, I'm surprised they've let you keep the board up for this long.

Registration has been closed on my board for much of the time, and I have only submitted my link to a couple of search engines/related websites so far. My board takes 5-7 seconds to load on some of the computers I've tried it on (they were using cable modems, not dial-up), and I am just making projections about the performance.

The thing is, my purchase was influenced by my longtime use of another site's UBB, but I was unaware that they were running it on a dedicated server until a few weeks after I purchased my board. Going into the purchase, I was expecting that my UBB would perform similarly to theirs, but that won't be the case since I have a shared hosting plan. Basically, I had no idea about the difference between shared and dedicated hosting when I bought the UBB. I first starting paying for webhosting in March (after using free hosts like Geocities for the last few years,) so I think my inexperience with shared, dedicated, etc hosts is understandable.

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
There is no excuse for any web hosting provider's servers to take over a second or two to load, compile, and run the UBB scripts when there's virtually no posts/members.

Hell, there's barely an excuse for it taking more than a few seconds when there's LOADS of members and topics.

Check the link in my signature - that's my UBB, located on FutureQuest. It only takes a second or two to come up - less if you hit the cache via the Accelerator.

UBBDev's on a shared hosting plan as well, and it's quite zippy, especially compared to how it was on the old NT box...

Rather than place the blame on the web hosting provider, as you should be, you blame the scripts?

You might want to rethink this just a bit before selling your license. tipsy

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
i would have to agree with CC, ive ran ubb on every kind of server you could think of, from local host to dedicated, from shared to well, crap cheap hosting tipsy .

Veteran
Veteran
Well, let's look at it this way. UBBDev is on a shared server. Does it take 6 seconds to load? My point is that a shared host should be able to do the job just fine.

That said, and in your defense I don't see where you blamed the scripts. I don't know why people are infering that you did. You said you would need to upgrade your hosting plan and are not in a position to be able to.

Ok, that's understandable but my arguement is that you shouldn't have to spend more to find a quality host. You need a different one, but not necessarily a more expensive one.

In the end if you want to sell it then do so but I'm thinking that if your host cannot run a UBB with only 4 posts what else can they not run?

Picture perfect penmanship here.
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I have to agree, a good shared hosting plan is easy to find and there are still very good ones that allow UBB.

Hey Navaho, you're post count is scary.

quote:

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I'm surprised that he came back after what we did to his offer wink

quote:
Originally posted by LK:
I'm surprised that he came back after what we did to his offer wink

Is there some unwritten rule here against selling an UBB even with Infopop's permission? confused

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
No, but all of us have UBBs, so we like to make fun of bids instead of actually joining them tipsy

quote:
Originally posted by LK:
No, but all of us have UBBs, so we like to make fun of bids instead of actually joining them tipsy

That makes sense. :rolleyes: Is there a board here or on another site where this topic would be taken more seriously?

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
IMO you should post both here and in auction sites, such as eBay.

quote:
Originally posted by LK:
auction sites, such as eBay.

I\'ve tried that. shocked Maybe my high Buy It Now price scared off some bidders, but still....

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Hehe, $10.50 is a good price tipsy

Good question, since all BB support forums users already own the BBs, I don't think there is any place to try to sell them. Maybe add a thread in the community forum asking where did they hear about UBB first, and if one of the sites is about this subject, advertize it there?

quote:
Good question, since all BB support forums users already own the BBs, I don't think there is any place to try to sell them.
I thought some UBB users may want additional licenses for other sites they might have...

quote:
Maybe add a thread in the community forum asking where did they hear about UBB first, and if one of the sites is about this subject, advertize it there?[/
Are you referring to the Community Development board here?

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
No, http://community.infopop.net ... But don't try to sell it there, only ask where they've first heard of UBB.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63