Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Click here and please take the time to read it. I think it's a great view on what has recently happened and what's to come in Iraq.

Sponsored Links
The chemical weaponary is an interesting topic. I understand that at least one scientist was ordered to destroy all evidence of chemical weapons about 4 days prior of the U.S./Coalition attack on Iraq. Some of the chemicals and utilities to make the chemicals were probably buried. Now there is speculation that Syria has not only has been harboring Iraqi outlaws, but some of the chemical weapons as well. If this is true, it partially explains why the chemical weapons were not used so far.

It's praticially impossible to hide or destroy every chemical weapon manufactured and so I have no doubt traces will be found in due time. I do believe that the rebuilding of a country will be the difficult part and the U.S. can't forget about the Kurdish people again (as what happened in the Gulf War). Whatever happens next is yet to be seen but if you were to break down the war from a strategic point of view, it was the most impressive victory of any other war.

...My opinion of course. laugh

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I strongly believe that the Kurd's deserve their own slice of Iraq but Turkey is going to fight that.

True. It's rather an ironic situation for Turkey but indeed this will be interesting to watch unfold.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Probably the most telling part of the article:
quote:

As the writer Will Saletan has pointed out, in this war you could be against conflict or you could be against killing. But you couldn't be against both. Saddam and sanctions killed millions of civilians. This war killed hundreds of civilians. In this case, war actually spared human life.
I've got a nephew (he and his now-pregnant wife were roomates here this past year) over there. He was part of the group of Special Ops Marines who rescued Jessica Lynch. I know this guy, have since he was a little kid - couldn't be prouder of anyone smile Another nephew joins him this summer smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63