Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I just found surespace a couple of weeks ago, and they're just starting out by the looks of it, I opened an account, and then they went down for a week, but all seems right again for now at least. Here's what they offer, keep in mind this is all banner free (I haven't seen any on my pages yet)

- Unlimited Storage
- Unmetered Transfer
- Ftp Access
- Subdomains
- Cgi-bin
- Php3
- Mysql Access
- Pop Email
- Online Email Mailbox
- Email Aliases

this is the one I was talking about ilya, they might just be what you are looking for, if you want to see some info, heres the tests it gives you, these are off of my site, http://deks.surespace.com/test.php3
http://deks.surespace.com/cgi-bin/perldiver.cgi

but there's just one problem I've encountered, I can't seem to get the absolute paths correct when trying to set up my UBB. I was wondering, if anyone here had the time, or wanted to use these guys, if you figure out the absolute paths, could you tell them here?

Sponsored Links
Nevermind that, I just figured out the paths, if any of you want to try these guys out, and have a prob with the paths, just let me know.

GUI Offline
Thanks! I've been looking forever for a place like this!!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

------------------

The first two things would ALWAYS make me not go with them..unlimited.. sure right! *L* NO HOST can provide unlimited things like that.. [Linked Image] a shame that a host would lie to get customers

------------------

Well, of course it isn't unlimited, I guess the word that would fit it better is, unmetered, like they list their transfer as, meaning that they don't keep an eye on it at all times, or that they don't give you a starting limit, like almost all other places do, besides, I don't plan on abusing them, I'm just sick of running a UBB on 25 megs of space, I look forward to not having to prune messages everyday.

Oh, and you're welcome GUI!

Sponsored Links
Looking good!
What host do i connect to mysql db?

That I have no idea about, try emailing this guy about it alex@surecity.com , he's the guy that runs it.

ball tongue ,

did you say that you managed to get a UBB up and running there ? if you did i would like to check that out.. im having problems installing my UBB and would like another place to give it a go , this way i could figure out if the problem is me or my current server.. thanks.

- eddie -

cal Offline
Programmer
Programmer
Khârn, it's not a lie. Unlimited space just means that your account isn't limited, other than by the capacity of their systems. I have an ISP who offers the same. They will buy more HDs if you fill them up and buy more lines if you max the bandwidth - they are unlimited.

Just a thought [Linked Image]

Sponsored Links
i can vouch for surespace.com too..i successfully managed to set up 2 ubbs start to finish in about a half hour each , from the initial sign up with surespace to setting up forums..

good looking out ball tongue..

- eddie -

Eddie -- Of course you have paid for two licenses, correct?

Surespace seems to be an excellent free hosting service.

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck
All they have to do is drink beer, play hockey, and say "Eh"

* No offense meant to any Canadians

Bah hush Atom! Who cares if he bought two or one he bought the program he should be able to use it times if he wants!
Cracka10000000

cal Offline
Programmer
Programmer
No Cracka, we do care. If he is running 2 UBBs then he should pay for both (I imagine he has). If you don't want to pay for your board then use EZBoard. Thankyou.

It states in license agreement that you can use one license per site (i do think it shouldn't be this way, though [Linked Image], but on the other hand, i agree with it).

Cal: i was once on a free host stating "unlimited". Well, my accuont was shut off after i had about 50 megs. Nothing illegal, just files, that are allowed to be distributed. No mp3, warez or ****

cal Offline
Programmer
Programmer
Ilya - I had 350MB in my account with no problems - I guess some people do lie. hehe

What is wrong with the place? I registered a few days ago, and now there server is down Anyone have news on this?

Also, when I tried to use SSI, it failed to work.

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck
All they have to do is drink beer, play hockey, and say "Eh"

* No offense meant to any Canadians

To be honest with you. IF they offer for FREE, they can shut down your site at anytime and they have NO Guaranteed uptime. So better be prepare for the worst!.

So make up your mind, FREE things aren't always good.

Hope you dont mind my suggestions.

yeah, i can`t access surespace.com at all!!

*sigh*

like I said before, surespace just opened up last week, they will be in beta stages for the next few months, come to find out, they will have banners, that's probably what they are working on right now, so if you signed up an account already, you'll be like a beta tester for the next few months, they don't plan on actually opening to the public until early to mid summer.

Surespace is open and the absolute path is.
/Web/WebHosting/username.surespace.com/cgi-bin

cat320

------------------
My english is not the best

Yes, they just got the server back up, but, sign-ups are on hold, as they have been since last week, and they might stay on hold until they open in the summer.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63