Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
hey all..im looking for a good server to install my ubb on .. the one im on now is running NT ( halfpricehosting.com )and seems ok , but ive had no luck installing the ubb there.. as my patience for the ubb was wearing thin , so was theirs with me after the 12th time i asked them to make sure the permissions were set correctly.. of course they assured me they were , and its still not working right.. so im out of there..

so where do you all have your UBBs set up and are you happy with your service ?

thanks in advance , im looking forward to adding cool features to it once its up..

- eddie -

Sponsored Links
You trying to get one set up on halfpricehosting to? Man, I've been trying to get one set up since around x-mas on them, no luck, I've tried almost everything and they haven't been much of a help either. I have nt...

im gonna try to get my money back from them...good thing i only paid 60 bucks for 3 months of service..im going to take my domain name and head elsewhere.. thats why im here , i need another place to go.. just my luck , of all the servers on the web i pick the difficult one..

- eddie -

Hey Eddie,
Chris here from over at extremeforums.com I wanted to tell you that I thought the owner of this site (ubbcodehacking.com) had some good hosting (ubbhosting.com) but it seems as though it no longer exists. Try out www.123hostme.com I have heard nothing but good things about them [Linked Image]

~Chris

I do not own ubbhosting and dont look into them. They have been going downhill lately. I sugest you go to interserver this server is on one of there servers and there plans are great. I think you would be better off with Unix with the UBB. It seems like UBB is hard to install on NT Machines.

------------------
President and Webmaster of UBB Hackers Hideout.

Contact Me at:

AIM:SpazJCC
Email: ubbmaster@ubbcodehacking.com

Sponsored Links
cal Offline
Programmer
Programmer
I run many UBBs on NT and have no problems with them. But it does help if you can access the machine physically [Linked Image]

Just a thought [Linked Image]

well..i managed to set up 2 ubbs on unix/linux servers so now i totally know it was a permissions thing.. its not that a dislike nt , its just with unix if the board doesnt work ,its my own fault , not the tech support people. [Linked Image]

pss , thanks ubbmaster for the heads up to interserver.net .. i went with them .. their tech support is great , one of their guys actually instant messaged me on my aol account after i sent them an email for help..

- eddie -

We've set up 6 UBBS on Adgrafix http://mickalo.adgrafix.com and they all work great. They offer UNIX and NT servers. Tech Support is top-notch!! Our company has been with them for 4 years now.

------------------
Mike(mickalo)Blezien
Thunder Rain Internet Publishing
Providing Personal/Business
Internet Solutions that work!
http://www.thunder-rain.com
Email: info@thunder-rain.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63