UBB.Dev
Posted By: Deb Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/17/2001 5:18 AM
Member Spotlight #7
The number of entrants has been somewhat reduced this month but the field of competition is still going strong. The Version 6 UBB's are building up strength, displaying their flexibility and showing off new modifications. Voting will be based on originality, creativity, design integration, graphics/colors as well as member experience. Good luck to everyone!

And without any further adieu...

Signature Images
A limit on signature image files will now be enforced here at UBBDev's. While 31h by 88w is the preferred signature image size we will allow a size up to 50h by 150w in an attempt to keep everyone happy. The new limits are as follows:

• 88x31 up to 50x150
  • <10k
  • no random cgi images
  • No text on image that will not pass our censor if it is actual text.

New Graphic Guidelines
As the site continues to grow so do the requests for graphic help. While we enjoy helping our members create a more enhanced UBB our time is somewhat limited and thus are asking that users follow these guidelines.

• Wait 24 hours before bumping a topic or making another request. It is crucial that we get the 'feel' of a site before any work can proceed. Please remember that creating a logo is not a 5 minute task.
  • Clarify who will own the copyright on the image when it's posted.
  • NO obscene or inappropriate sites/graphics/requests will be tolerated.
  • Please specify the size, color scheme, site description and if possible provide a folder with related images in it.
  • No images larger than 300 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height will be allowed to be posted within the thread. (Use an external link for larger images.)
  • We ask that you clarify whether or not it is your intention to pay for graphic work being done.
  • Members must have a minimum of 5 posts before requesting any images.

These guidelines are subject to change.

Cheers everyone!
Deb
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/17/2001 7:30 AM
Yes, good luck everyone... and congrats on post #1500 Deb smile
Posted By: Tolitz Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/17/2001 10:46 AM
Good luck people wink
Posted By: knuffel Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/17/2001 4:51 PM
Hi,

I have a little question *blush*

Would it be possible to alter the link to ukkepuk so it points to the main page www.ukkepuk.com c'se our forum is part of framebased site ... so otherwise it might look a little bit strange ... wink

Thanks a lot ...

Greetz

Knuff
Posted By: Feronide Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/17/2001 7:52 PM
//:hmmm, ubbdev is becoming very restrictive about graphics isn't it??

//:i suppose it is all good for the site in the end, i dont agree with the 5 post before request rule though.

//:just my two cents though wink
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/17/2001 7:54 PM
done... that does look better... wink

Hey Robbie, those were at the request of the moderators of the graphics forum... a lotta users were signing up and demanding a graphic be done right now, with their first post... it was becoming unmanageable... thanks for understanding.
Posted By: Feronide Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/17/2001 11:06 PM
//: Allen: I understand, and I have replied to quite a few users with a graphic or logo that they requested(though not recently due to other commitments). I dont care if they say GIMME A ****!NG LOGO NOW or please may I have a logo nice ubbdev people either way it will take the same amount of time and effort to make a logo, so, why care?

//: just my two cents
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/18/2001 12:04 AM
There's something we like to call maturity, tact, and manners... goes a long way in our book.
Posted By: Dark Templar Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/18/2001 12:34 AM
Yep, they sure do laugh.

Heh...Reflecting back on previous times, I remember when the only one of those I had was tact. Lacked maturity and manners, but boy did I learn my lesson the hard way. I suppose as they say, the best way to learn is the hard way. wink
Posted By: HackAttack Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/18/2001 9:30 AM
Some fine sites in this ubb6-series lineup. Good luck everyone!

a.
Posted By: Stilgar Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/18/2001 5:32 PM
I completely agree with the signature image size limit. As for the "no random cgi images" *sigh* I don't know why that would matter, but I have complied.

The lineup of UBBs for the contest looks strong. I'm glad I'm not voting. wink

Good luck to all!
Posted By: drkknght Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/19/2001 7:54 PM
a request:

instead of just listing the monthly winner and runner up, can you please display the ranking order (or, if opposed to listing it in its entirety, maybe just the top 10 or 5? complete with score?)

i just think it'd be more helpful to see if your site has either a lot of work left to do (low score, or below the list), or just a little tweaking (high score, maybe 3rd place).

thanks!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/19/2001 7:59 PM
We'll most likely be listing a top-5 with relative scoring as well...
Posted By: drkknght Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/19/2001 9:13 PM
fantastic -- thanks double a!
Posted By: Thradar Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/26/2001 7:14 AM
Jeeze! It's about time you guys limited the size of sig images!!!! One of the worst and most abused features you can enable on UBB IMO.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 04/26/2001 9:19 PM
Sig images were limited about six months ago. But we have gained more than two thousand members since then who were unaware of the rule... Either that, or just nobody cared the first time. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 12/19/2001 11:48 PM
Bumping this thread for newbies with large signature images.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 12/20/2001 1:52 AM
Good luck to the spotlight entries.
Posted By: Bookie Re: Member Spotlight #7 and "U" News - 12/20/2001 1:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
Good luck to the spotlight entries. smile
© UBB.Developers