UBB.Dev
Posted By: Digital Boy State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/03/2001 3:40 AM
UBBDEV Community:

Even though 2001 is still very young, it has already been an amazing year for UBB Developers Network and our global community.

Recently we registered our 6000th member. In retrospect, as promising and as strong as UBB Developers Network was in December of last year, we still couldn't have forseen this level of success so early on. As I've said before, Allen, Deb, and I are so proud of the hard work and the unselfish commitment that we have seen exhibited by our entire staff.

Speaking personally, I take great pride in knowing that I work side-by-side with such talented developers as Skorpion, Matt Jacob, and Charles Capps. UBB Developers Network would not be anywhere near as wonderful as it is today without the unending generosity of our entire staff and for that I am deeply thankful.

This year we are also very proud to say that we have received full support and public recognition from the InfoPop Corporation. While we have always supported the Ultimate Bulletin Board software package, it makes our jobs that much sweeter knowing that the creater's of this amazing development tool not only appreciate the work we do here, but have come to rely upon it.

So what does the future hold for UBB Developers Network? We will continue to offer our members the very highest level of development support that we possibly can, well beyond what the mass majority of other digital communities can even begin to fathom.

Additionally, we want to not only make UBB Developers Network a place where developers and artists can come for answers, but also a place where they can freely congregate and socialize in a relaxed atmosphere. As I speak, we are in the process of finalizing the first ever UBB Developers Network chat forum. Artists and developers alike will be able to meet and discuss cutting edge technologies in real time, possibly with some of the great trailblazers of the Internet. We are also in the development stages with the UBB Developers Network eZine, which will include, among other things, personal interviews with other commercial site administrators and web developers. Our first ever official UBB Developers Network t-shirts will also be available for purchase very shortly. We anxiously look forward to these and other developments that have yet to surface.

I like to think of success as being defined not by what you have accomplished, but by what you have yet to accomplish. UBB Developers Network is still very young and we have much to accomplish. I look forward with my head held high to the months and years to come hoping that the outstanding success that we have seen thus far is but a mere fraction of things to come.

Thank you for your time, your loyalty, and your commitment to what was once only a simple dream.

Digital Boy
Posted By: qasic Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/03/2001 4:38 AM
Good times are ahead! smile

q
Posted By: wildcat Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/03/2001 7:09 AM
I must say that this is one of my favorite UBB's on the web I can come here relax, do what I like to do in a friendly enviroment without the pressure to speed post smile
This is a great community that you guys have worked hard on! Keep up the good work smile
Posted By: Stilgar Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/03/2001 7:38 AM
UBBDev is my second UBB home. I've met some very talented people here. The profesionalizm and maturity of this community is second to none. With a start like UBBDev is having, the best is yet to come!

GG, UBBDev!
Posted By: Digital Boy Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/03/2001 1:35 PM
I'm glad to hear that all of our efforts here are not going to waste! We want you to be able to come here, not just for development resources, but also for socialization. One of our ultimate goals is to one day be able to walk down the street and say to someone, "Hey, have you heard of UBB Developers Network?" and have them say, "Yes, that site has helped my development process more times than not. It really has become an essential tool in my toolbox." (or a conversation very much like that. wink )

Just to update you, I just finalized an interview for our eZine with a very talented and much respected site administrator. I can't give out the site name yet. Even though his site is not directly involved with UBB, I think his insight into digital development communities will prove very valuable.

- DB
Posted By: Blaze Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/04/2001 1:13 AM
We are the champions, we are the champions, no time for losers, cause we are the champions, of the world..........

*nuff said* smile laugh wink
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/04/2001 1:24 AM
Good word DB smile And welcome new and old members, it's been fun and will get even better...:)
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/04/2001 2:19 AM
you've said it nicely DB!!
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/04/2001 4:22 AM
Ditto to Allen and M². Nicely put DB, old chap!
Posted By: Digital Boy Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/04/2001 1:03 PM
Thank you guys/gals. However, I really think that you folks should be taking the praise, not me. You folks are really the unsung heros of UBBDEV!

- DB
Posted By: Dark Templar Re: State of the Forum - May 2001 - 05/06/2001 1:59 AM
WOOHOO! Keep up the good work UBBDev!!! I'll keep on enjoying working with and helping out the members and staff in any way I can!

:D:D:D
© UBB.Developers