UBB.Dev
Posted By: eddie on what server is your UBB installed ? - 04/14/2000 1:13 AM
hey all..im looking for a good server to install my ubb on .. the one im on now is running NT ( halfpricehosting.com )and seems ok , but ive had no luck installing the ubb there.. as my patience for the ubb was wearing thin , so was theirs with me after the 12th time i asked them to make sure the permissions were set correctly.. of course they assured me they were , and its still not working right.. so im out of there..

so where do you all have your UBBs set up and are you happy with your service ?

thanks in advance , im looking forward to adding cool features to it once its up..

- eddie -
You trying to get one set up on halfpricehosting to? Man, I've been trying to get one set up since around x-mas on them, no luck, I've tried almost everything and they haven't been much of a help either. I have nt...
Posted By: eddie Re: on what server is your UBB installed ? - 04/14/2000 6:24 AM
im gonna try to get my money back from them...good thing i only paid 60 bucks for 3 months of service..im going to take my domain name and head elsewhere.. thats why im here , i need another place to go.. just my luck , of all the servers on the web i pick the difficult one..

- eddie -
Posted By: RageAgnst Re: on what server is your UBB installed ? - 04/14/2000 7:51 AM
Hey Eddie,
Chris here from over at extremeforums.com I wanted to tell you that I thought the owner of this site (ubbcodehacking.com) had some good hosting (ubbhosting.com) but it seems as though it no longer exists. Try out www.123hostme.com I have heard nothing but good things about them [Linked Image]

~Chris
Posted By: The Team Re: on what server is your UBB installed ? - 04/14/2000 11:16 PM
I do not own ubbhosting and dont look into them. They have been going downhill lately. I sugest you go to interserver this server is on one of there servers and there plans are great. I think you would be better off with Unix with the UBB. It seems like UBB is hard to install on NT Machines.

------------------
President and Webmaster of UBB Hackers Hideout.

Contact Me at:

AIM:SpazJCC
Email: ubbmaster@ubbcodehacking.com
Posted By: cal Re: on what server is your UBB installed ? - 04/15/2000 6:28 PM
I run many UBBs on NT and have no problems with them. But it does help if you can access the machine physically [Linked Image]

Just a thought [Linked Image]
Posted By: eddie Re: on what server is your UBB installed ? - 04/15/2000 7:25 PM
well..i managed to set up 2 ubbs on unix/linux servers so now i totally know it was a permissions thing.. its not that a dislike nt , its just with unix if the board doesnt work ,its my own fault , not the tech support people. [Linked Image]

pss , thanks ubbmaster for the heads up to interserver.net .. i went with them .. their tech support is great , one of their guys actually instant messaged me on my aol account after i sent them an email for help..

- eddie -
Posted By: mickalo Re: on what server is your UBB installed ? - 04/15/2000 7:39 PM
We've set up 6 UBBS on Adgrafix http://mickalo.adgrafix.com and they all work great. They offer UNIX and NT servers. Tech Support is top-notch!! Our company has been with them for 4 years now.

------------------
Mike(mickalo)Blezien
Thunder Rain Internet Publishing
Providing Personal/Business
Internet Solutions that work!
http://www.thunder-rain.com
Email: info@thunder-rain.com
© UBB.Developers