UBB.Dev
Posted By: q_ware hostrocket.com - 02/11/2002 3:47 PM
Economony package

seems to be fair
350 MB storage, 15GB traffic /month --> $14.95

Is this company good?
Posted By: GlassRattler Re: hostrocket.com - 02/11/2002 4:59 PM
q_ware,

I was with hostrocket and they were down 17 times in 12 days. Two of those times they for over 12 hours.

On the 12th day, they final closed my site down and told me to find a new host. Someone else on UBBDEV said that hostrocket also had a bad time with there UBB board.

My advise keep looking
Posted By: Durango Re: hostrocket.com - 02/12/2002 5:05 AM
https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000280

hostrocketsucks.com
Posted By: Jen Re: hostrocket.com - 02/18/2002 10:20 PM
I have a board hosted with Hostrocket that usually has oh.. maybe 30 members online at the same time (based on who's online data) and Hostrocket is telling me I need to move to a semi-dedicated server as my very low traffic ubb is using up too many resources. I'm also having a lot of probs getting to the site (DNS Errors) that are very intermittent. This applies to all the sites I have hosted with them not just my one remaining UBB. I have gotten fairly prompt responses to my trouble tickets, that is when I don't get a DNS error trying to submit one.

I just finished moving my 5500+ member UBB from Hostrocket to another ISP ( Xanatos ) and my board has been running flawlessly with 0 unscheduled outtages since.

On a side note, HR was shutting my ENTIRE SITE down WITHOUT any sort of notice any time the UBB that was just moved started using up too many resources on their server. I gave them Admin access and information on how to shut the board down properly, but they ignored that and would just pull my entire site. This was while on a Semi-Dedicated web server.
Posted By: XE-Tech Re: hostrocket.com - 02/28/2002 7:07 AM
We welcome you to check out our services for yourselves - we host many UBB-based sites with no problems whatsoever (references gladly provided).

Refer to this post and we'll take care of your setup and transfer your site/UBB to our network for free.

Shared servers and Co-Location units available for immediate transfer.

The link's in our sig - feel free to click it! smile
Posted By: GlassRattler Re: hostrocket.com - 02/28/2002 8:42 AM
XE-Tech

Not that i am unhappy with my new host in anyway but don't you think you would sell more hosting if you listed your prices and packages on your website ?

Or maybe i just over looked them.
Posted By: Durango Re: hostrocket.com - 02/28/2002 11:18 PM
http://www.xanatosenterprises.com/services/webhostingservices.html
Posted By: GlassRattler Re: hostrocket.com - 03/01/2002 12:25 AM
Hehe thanks Durango, I must have just overlooked it.
Very pricey for busy websites
Posted By: RandyM Re: hostrocket.com - 03/01/2002 4:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GlassRattler:

Very pricey for busy websites

I have to agree.
© UBB.Developers