UBB.Dev
Posted By: havoq Need A New Host - 03/04/2004 4:55 PM
Im looking for a new host. Currently I pay 11.95 for 8MB bandwith a month and 200mb of storage, with 65 email address.

It isnt cutting it anymore as I am exceeding my bandwith as I get more and more traffic.

What are some good, reliable hosting companies. Where I can pay about the same amount and get more bandwith, such as (20MB). I heard of ipower.com, anyone else? There you get 40MB which is awesome.

Any help would be nice. I need a fast host too, to run my board, and I need reliable Uptime.
Posted By: REAMERE Re: Need A New Host - 03/04/2004 10:45 PM
Ugg, thats rough.
Do you mean 8 GB Bandwidth?
Either way, I recommend Lunar Pages

Charles Capps and others will undoubtedly recommend Host Nuke as well.

Both are great, My Lunar Pages Experiences have been the best of any provider so far (except when I was hosting at home!)

Good luck.
Posted By: Ron M Re: Need A New Host - 03/04/2004 11:06 PM
I'm with Digital Princeton .

Another UBB Friendly host is FutureQuest
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Need A New Host - 03/04/2004 11:32 PM
I do not endorse Hostnuke or any other budget hosting service.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Need A New Host - 03/04/2004 11:49 PM
I'm sure he meant Gizzy.

Charles would most likely suggest... Infopop hosting wink
Posted By: REAMERE Re: Need A New Host - 03/05/2004 1:05 AM
Sorry, meant Gizzy.
typing too quick.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Need A New Host - 03/05/2004 1:36 AM
Originally posted by Charles Capps:

I do not endorse Hostnuke or any other budget hosting service.
That's a little harsh there Charles... I mean InfoPop hosting is great and all but with the issues you had with just the Dev sites I'm not too impressed...

I however do reccommend HostNuke the prices are quite competitive with the majority of other hosts, we're on actual rackmount servers as opposed to cheap home pc's like some use, plus we're on a great hub, even Ian uses us and I don't think he's been down for anything large.
Posted By: Ron M Re: Need A New Host - 03/05/2004 3:40 AM
I haven't had any problems on a site I put at Infopop. I've only been there about 6 weeks so far, and have yet to see a problem, except with a few eve hiccups, and I'm not using that to any capacity at this moment in time. The page loads are snappy, and we are getting more service for less money than the previous host we were on. My Webhosting CP shows a server uptime of just under 40 days currently, and my Site Monitoring software hasn't beeped me yet for an outage.

A NetCraft reading on my personal site , shows a server uptime in excess of 400 days, which is hosted at Digital Princeton.

I've been on a budget host (PHP Webhosting) and my small UBB was just being murdered on their server with continual ISE's, even after migrating to a different server. They even tried blaming beta code at one point, and I told them that it was hogwash and pulled the site from them.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Need A New Host - 03/05/2004 6:51 AM
The reason I will never ensorse a budget host is simple: I believe that you get what you pay for.

$10 a month for a big chunk of diskspace and a big chunk of bandwidth is just fine, but something has to give. The provider has to make a profit somewhere, and that usually implies packing far too many users on a server, resulting in poor quality of service.

Now, I'm not saying that all budget hosts are bad, I'm just noting a general trend.

My own site was with two budget hosts in the past, and the experience was horrid. I now run my own servers, avoiding the whole mess completely (though Flare is still on FutureQuest 'cause we need to test on Perl 5.005 wink ).
Posted By: J.C. Re: Need A New Host - 03/05/2004 11:44 PM
Hosting4less.com I've been with them for about 4 years for my card site. It enjoys 1.5 million page views on average each month and never a problem. I pay 29.00 a month for 750 meg of space and 35 gig of transfer per month. I've had times where I have had 500,000 pageviews in 2 days! And no outages etc..

Card Site

smile
© UBB.Developers