UBB.Dev
Posted By: gsmaster Godaddy.com - 02/19/2006 5:02 PM
Hello,

I registered today a godaddy.com webhosting account. Its cheap and looks nice.

Although, i'm with some problems trying to find now can i upload files to their servers (ubb files), and how can i setup a domain name that is already registered, without transfering the REGISTRAR to them.

Also managing email accounts and all that stuff, i can't find any place to do it.

Anyone?
tks
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Godaddy.com - 02/20/2006 4:51 AM
I didn't know you could host with godaddy smile

There should be some sort of faq at the site regarding how to upload files (ftp) and setup email.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Godaddy.com - 02/20/2006 5:55 AM
with any luck their service level with hosting isn't half as horrid as their standard support level for security certificates (nothin like $60 down the toilet)
Posted By: Burak Re: Godaddy.com - 02/20/2006 5:12 PM
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?se=%2B&ci=260

"economy" seems to be nice. But I'm using my friend's server to host for $0.00/mo tipsy (for my personal domain)

I'm using godaddy as a registrar but have no idea of their hosting quality...
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Godaddy.com - 02/21/2006 12:32 PM
I used them for some time for domain registrations and was totally satisfied (having well over 40 domains in my account); an issue with their SSL certificates which caused me to loose money (and have a cert that i could not use) forced me to migrate all of my domains into my ENom account (as I have more control and I wasnt about to deal with them holding my account hostage until i paid back the chargeback i did through my creditcard company)...
© UBB.Developers