UBB.Dev
Posted By: Eileen CIHost smtp servers? - 01/15/2000 10:09 PM
Has anybody else at cihost found that their domain's outgoing mailserver isn't working any more since the "upgrade"?

Posted By: BigGilg Re: CIHost smtp servers? - 01/16/2000 2:06 AM
It's *working* for me, but it's gawdaweful slow. So is pulling e-mail (I timed out repeatedly pulling a 1 meg e-mail down).

I'm switching to Pair.com - I'm fed up with CIHost. Too much downtime, too many problems, and primarily: not enough communication. They've moved my server several times now without telling me (and changed my IP address), and they just don't ever tell their users that they're doing something that may disrupt their business.

Just my take on the deal. On the other hand, it's really easy to get WWWThreads working on CIHost (a bit easier than Pair). Pair's performance is noticably better, though.

Posted By: Eileen Re: CIHost smtp servers? - 01/16/2000 2:27 AM
Incoming is OK but have you tried SENDING anything? I can't!!

Posted By: The Team Re: CIHost smtp servers? - 01/17/2000 1:11 AM
Hi Eileen:
Things are still up and down on a few servers. I think they are worth hanging in for personally since moving is a pain and I have not seen a better deal anywhere.
But stay on support email [email protected] as well as using ticketmonster to the max so as to get a response.
Renee

Posted By: Eileen Re: CIHost smtp servers? - 01/17/2000 4:56 AM
Hi Renee.

Yes, I plan to stay. Hopefully their recent troubles will make them try that bit harder. []/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/]

Posted By: The Team Re: CIHost smtp servers? - 01/17/2000 11:31 AM
Maybe I'm nuts....UHHH correction..
In addition to being nuts..I think it is time for us all to form a users group for CIHOST and other lower end hosts that can meet our needs and use our numbers to get a bit more attention.

Whatcha think ;)

Posted By: MattyJ Re: CIHost smtp servers? - 01/17/2000 2:35 PM
Count me in! I think everyone here who uses cihost would like to have a little more leverage... this would be one way of doing it.

matt

Posted By: The Team Re: CIHost smtp servers? - 01/17/2000 4:41 PM
Hi Matty!
Yeah my one concern before launching this users group is that it will be useless if all we do is complain about the stuff. If this is gonna work it will need to have a focus that is different from being simply a gripe session.
I have started a thread to see if maybe you and others might be able to help me think this through! Renee

© UBB.Developers