UBB.Dev
Posted By: hptschupp Access Problems - 09/25/2003 1:56 AM
I use ubbthreads hosted by Infopop. Panfluteforum is the URL. So far no problem with UBB.

Problem: Out of about 30-40 people worldwide, 1 reports temporary or total access problems with above webpage. I checked several channels of information to find out what could be wrong.

What came out so far: www.dnsreport.com test says that our web page in questiuon has a too low SOA EXPIRE VALUE of 300 sec instead of 600,000 or more. One service provider in Switzerland also said, that this value has to be increased to at least 600,000 to guarantee access.

Neither Infopop nor our Domain Registrar Melbourneit say that they can change the SOA EXPIRE VALUE.

Is there somebody on this Forum who could help me troubleshoot this issue?

Best regards
Hanspeter tschupp
Posted By: navaho Re: Access Problems - 09/25/2003 3:34 AM
Yes, I can.

I can change your SOA value. Please put in a support ticket over at Infopop. Make it attn: Dave.

If you have a previous ticket in which you were told that your SOA could not be changed please include the ticket number so that I may review it.

David Dreezer
V.P. Web Services Director
Infopop Corporation
Posted By: navaho Re: Access Problems - 09/25/2003 3:37 AM
Fyi, Melbourneit is correct, they can do nothing. It is not their problem. The SOA problem, should there be one, is squarely on our shoulders if we maintain the DNS server to the site.
Posted By: hptschupp Re: Access Problems - 09/25/2003 3:44 AM
Excellent Dave. I'm happy sombody can do something about it.
I opened a new ticket, at Infopop your attention, with all the details. Looking forward for your response.

Hanspeter Tschupp
© UBB.Developers