UBB.Dev
Posted By: oceanwest VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 10:02 AM
I have signed up 2 weeks ago and things were working great today my site and email have been down all day. I can't access their support pages from their web site only their main page works non of their links work. I have emailed and have not gotten a reply.

any one else having problems?

sd
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 10:07 AM
Yeah, they're having MAJOR issues. I'm sure he'll post some details later.

I got in touch with him, and rest assured that Jeremy is working his a** off to get everything fixed up ASAP, which is probably why it's hard to get in touch with him..

My guess is that's it's a kind of catch22 thing - deal with all the emails/questions or just actually fix it. But that's just a guess....

-peter
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 10:27 AM
I noticed my cp is back but NOTHING of my stuff is there. my DB's are gone my THREADS Directory is GONE i sure hope they have backups.
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 10:42 AM
I'm guessing they have something, my site with database was back up shortly. But it's down again....

.patienceisavirtue.

lol
Posted By: Honda Guru Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 1:50 PM
I am having problems too...

I opened a shared hosting account with them on 1/21/2004 at 9:00 AM. I primarily opened this account with them on recommendations from members at ThreadsDev. I paid for a year's service and for them to register a new domain name for the site.

The information they sent out at signup stated that normal DNS propogation was from 24-48 hours. After 3 days (72 hours) and still no active URL, i tried to contact support. They offer no phone number, so I go the ticket routine. It took me three messages, with each one getting more aggressive to get a response.

Jeremey did respond on 1/24 @ 5:00PM. He assured me that my URL was registered properly on Vertexhost's DNS name servers. It was just going to take a while longer to propogate across the Internet. As to why it took so long to respond to a service ticket... well, I will let him tell you.

>> Pulled from the last service ticket respone <<

======================================================
... I think the main problem was earlier this we someone upgraded our support desk, but it was discovered last night that the notification settings were not turned back on, thus new tickets were gone un-noticed for the past couple days...
======================================================

Maybe I am expecting too much... but if you do not offer any phone support and you rely solely on a ticket system and you haven't gotten any new tickets in a "couple of days", something just might be wrong

Anyway, my DNS did come alive yesterday morning (almost 100 hours after it was registered with Vertexhost). Then yesterday afternoon appartently Vertex's entire system went down and is still down. My site is dead, their site is dead, their support ticket system is dead, their email is dead....

I am like the rest of you, I sure hope all is not lost. I was working on the site through my IP address all along. I paid to have Threads installed, and I have 25+ hours of keyboarding invested. I am sitting here, snowed in for 2 days, and would love to finish up my site... maybe it will work out.

Call me crazy, but shouldn't you host your trouble ticket system on servers other than your own. The scenario now is Vertexhost is down and there is no way to contact them, no phone, no email, no support ticket system.

Keeping my finger's crossed in North Carolina...
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 2:26 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed too. Jeremy has always been great about providing awesome service in the past, so I'm optimistic. I believe in the plan it said that backups are made daily. I really hope these can be uploaded. My wife and I lost our baby twins last month (boy and a girl), and she has spent numerous hours while on her convolescent leave making a website in their memory. She has never done anything "technical" on the computer, so the work was that much more of a challenge.

I really hope those daily backups can make it onto the server...
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 2:33 PM
PS

My site was up shortly as well...sometime around midnight eastern time. The files and databases were from the 12th of January though. It was back to version 6.4 and I was running 6.4.1.

Hopefully, when all's fixed, a more recent backup will be used, since my wife's site was uploaded after that. Not to mention lost posts, users, and a good amount of upgrades and changes to my Threads that I had been binging on this past week.

I'm also losing revenue as we speak!
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 4:23 PM
I can't post many details right now, since I am STILL working on the issue. But to sum it up, one of our servers was comprimised yesterday evening. This resulted in the need for a complete OS reinstall, and the need to restore most accounts from backups. Whoever got into the system thought they would be funny and delete most of the backups. Well, we also keep backups on a seperate server, but they are less frequent compared to the daily backups held on the second drive.

So, point being, things are almost completely back up, but some accounts did have to resort these older backups. There are a few remaining usses with that server we're ironing out, which are hopefully almost completely resolved.

As always, I understand this is an almost unacceptable circumstance for everyone. Since I host all of my own sites, I know very well how frustrating this all is. That is why I will be offering partial refunds, or credits to people who did have to put up with this and/or some data loss. And, like Honda Guru who may have just recently signed up and encoutered all of this trouble, if you would like a full refund (since you fall under the 30-days) that would not be a problem. And if you do have to have threads reinstalled, which you paid for, I will pay that installation fee or install it myself, regardless of where you're hosting your site.

Again, I'm just wanting to make this right for everyone. It could have been much worse, but it looks like for the most part we are really only dealing with a week two's worth of lost data for some people (myself including). I will try to have a more detailed update as soon as I can, and will be emailing all of my clients as soon as I know we have everything working 100% again.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 4:53 PM
So I guess this includes MySQL backups as well? []https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/graemlinlibrary/bawling.gif[/]

Oy, now I have to break the news to my wife that she has to start the babies' site over from scratch...
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 4:58 PM
Well, my site is kinda back...

[]
SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/drumlin/public_html/threads/mysql.inc.php on line 133

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/drumlin/public_html/threads/mysql.inc.php:219) in /home/drumlin/public_html/threads/ubbt.inc.php on line 280

Warning: send_header(/languages//online.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/drumlin/public_html/threads/ubbt.inc.php on line 331
[/]

This happened after I attempted some changes in the admin section. I'm just posting everything in here since I know Jeremy has his hands extremely full and doesn't need anymore emails than he probably already has.
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 6:36 PM
We sent out a mass email explaining the situation in great detail, so everyone should have gotten one of those. For all other support issues, please email [][email protected][/] to get into the support queue and we'll get everything squared away as best as possible. Thanks for your patience with this matter.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 9:11 PM
Thanks Jeremy. I didn't see this thread until AFTER I PMed you.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 9:45 PM
This may be a dumb question, but did the person who deleted the backups also delete /home? Because there I had a backups for January 23 and 24. Just stupid old me didn't download them to my PC I do however have a January 19 backup. Anyhow Jeremy, if the /home directory is still there, then hopefully my backups will be (REAL wishful thinking here). Regardless, I would imagine you backed everything up BEFORE you reinstalled the OS, however little that was.

BTW: This has to be against the law what was done. I'm just curious: who do you file a greivance with? Like a police report, but for the Internet. Who takes care of that?
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 10:01 PM
I had my backups also on /home ... I am hopeful
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 10:15 PM
anything and everything on that hard drive and backup drive was destroyed, thus anything after the 12th is most likely gone unless you backed it up to a drive sometime after the fact.

Yes, these kinds of acts are against the law, and we're working on trying to get some sort of IP or a log of what happened to see if anything can be found and any further action taken.
Posted By: omegatron Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 10:57 PM
I will help Jeremy with anything he needs or asks so if anybody has any small errors or something that might take Jeremy a while since he is bogged down contact me and I will see time permitting if I can help.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 11:31 PM
That's very kind of you to help out Jeremy. I hope he can nail the SOB that did this. And boy do I feel stupid for not downloading my January 23 and 24 backups to my pc
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/26/2004 11:42 PM
Thanks to everyone who has offered to help. Things are getting smoothed out as the hours go by, but the hope for getting some of that data after the 12th is looking slim to none

But I feel the pain too, I had backups for 3 of my accounts ready to be downloaded, but never got around to it. Now I've lost a lot of client information and a few accounts all together
Posted By: scroungr Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 12:18 AM
Also besides Jeremy's backups and I know it's kinda late.. you should always be anal and backup yourself and keep it local to you so you can make things easier on yourself.. CPANEL which Jeremey had as a PANEL had a nice backup routine.
Posted By: omegatron Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 1:42 AM
Qualityfishing.net is back in action.
Posted By: steelhead Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 2:49 AM
Yep, qualityfishing.net is up. Lost a little info but no big deal as I havent moved my members over yet. I want to thanks Jeremy for being a stand up guy, and most of all I would like to thank Chuck for all his help with this issue, and the help he has given me in the past. If you need to hire someone, ask Chuck, he knows his stuff, and is a heck of a nice guy.

Thanks again guys
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 5:33 AM
I've restored my Threads db from the 19th and I don't feel so bad now I lost about 10 members, but I'll just make an announcement in IIP so that way everyone knows what happened. Though I'm sure we all have learned an important lesson about the frequency we do our database backups and download them to our PCs
Posted By: JoshPet Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 6:12 AM
fmforums.com is almost done being restored.

Honda guru is going to move to a new host. I'm assisting with that as well.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 6:45 AM
All my databases just dissappeared! Damn! More problems perhaps?
EDIT:
Now they're back. Talk about weird. Maybe it was the MySQL daemon? Becausse there was no databases in my controlpanel and the site was SQL errors up the wazoo, and now, voilĂ , it's back to normal.
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 6:46 AM
nothing should have dissapeared, I had to restart some services like apache and mysql to make some further updates, but nothing should have vanished
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 6:47 AM
Gotcha! It's working now. I edited the previous post.
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 7:02 AM
Jeremy and Josh THANK YOU for your perseverance and your commitment
in the face of this digital disaster.
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/27/2004 5:18 PM
I'm glad everything is returning back to normal again. It has been an insane few days, but I think almost everyone has been taken care of.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 01/28/2004 8:21 AM
Looks like MySQL stopped around 22:10 in the evening PST. Hopefully this is just maintenence.
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: VertexHost? - 01/28/2004 8:23 AM
Mine is down as well...
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/28/2004 8:50 AM
Just maintinence while we add the final touches to the software on the server. It looks like everything has been installed back to normal, so that should be the last of any issues.
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 01/28/2004 8:27 PM
Umm. site is down again... 10:15 AM PST
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 01/28/2004 8:37 PM
Mine too. I think that it's a DNS issue this time. I can't even login into the support desk.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 01/28/2004 8:59 PM
I don't think it's a DNS problem. I can't establish a connection with my IP.

Funny how this place has become an unofficial support thread for VertexHost.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 01/28/2004 9:15 PM
[]DLWebmaestro said:
I don't think it's a DNS problem. I can't establish a connection with my IP.

Funny how this place has become an unofficial support thread for VertexHost. [/]

I guess we don't have much of a choice being that we can't login to the Vertexhost member's area where the support desk is.
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/28/2004 9:34 PM
Sorry, we're back.

It sorta was a DNS issue. There was an emergency router replacement at the datacenter, and it affected two of our servers, one of which houses the nameservers. So some servers were accessable via IP, the others were not accessable at all.

But they informed me that everything should be all set. Normally hardware maintinence like this would be announced and scheduled for early morning hours, but they had no chance in this instance.

So you can breathe easy.. just a hardware glitch, nothing major. Just a bad coincidence
Posted By: BWilliams_dup1 Re: VertexHost? - 01/29/2004 12:53 AM
My site is still down
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 01/29/2004 1:06 AM
Mine came back up earlier when Jeremy gave the All Clear... but it's down again. You probably just missed the window of up-time B.
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/29/2004 1:47 AM
Looks like a few more network issues being worked out. We also found out today that a large block of IPs in the datacenter got added to the SPEWS blacklist database, and there is some work going on to eliminate those issues as well.
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: VertexHost? - 01/29/2004 1:55 AM
Any idea how much longer this is gonna be happening?
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 01/29/2004 1:59 AM
The first replacement was supposed to be the last (earlier this afternoon) But apparently there was more to be done. I will try to get a definate answer so I can make sure everyone knows the status. But this should be resolved at any time, and SHOULD be the last time
Posted By: msula UPDATE - 01/29/2004 2:08 AM
Wow, this seriously has to be the worst coincidence ever.. first the server compromise, a router going bad... But I just got an update on the issue.

That server that some of you have accounts on had a case fan go bad about 2 hours ago, thus, the system sensed it was overheating and shut down. There is a replacement fan going in as we speak, so we should hopefully see things return to normal here very shortly.

Thanks for your patience with these issues!

(I think I saw some gray hair in the mirror today )
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: UPDATE - 01/29/2004 2:17 AM
Shortly as in minutes or in hours?

I'm sorry, I'm just really, really frustrated with this whole past week.
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 01/29/2004 2:31 AM
Shortly as in an hour or less most likely. There was already someone at the datacenter getting ready to pull the server when I posted the update.
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 01/29/2004 2:58 AM
Alive and kicking again.

EDIT: Although you still may see some MySQL errors and intermittent problems as I recompile and update some of the software.
Posted By: Allusivekudos Re: UPDATE - 01/29/2004 3:06 AM
Yep, it's back, just tons of errors.
Posted By: BWilliams_dup1 Re: UPDATE - 01/29/2004 3:19 AM
[]Jeremy said:
Alive and kicking again.

EDIT: Although you still may see some MySQL errors and intermittent problems as I recompile and update some of the software. [/]
OK, I must be the red headed step child or I forgot to pay my bill because mine is still down

on edit: I spoke to soon. Looks like we're live
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: UPDATE - 01/29/2004 5:49 PM
hmmm.. I had a little downtime with my sites, but no major problems... thanks for working on this
Posted By: scroungr Re: UPDATE - 01/30/2004 2:10 AM
Thats why Jeremy is still my first choice for Shared Hosting Plans.
Posted By: ericgtr Re: UPDATE - 01/30/2004 4:35 AM
He's always provided me with prompt, friendly service if I had an issue and never overloaded my server, definitely the best shared plan I have ever had.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: UPDATE - 02/01/2004 3:56 AM
Down again??
Posted By: steelhead Re: UPDATE - 02/01/2004 4:02 AM
I see we are down again.. Not cool, as i just opened my board today. : ( Hope its up without errors soon.

[:"red"] edit [/] up now.
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 02/01/2004 4:47 AM
Yep, sorry, was just a quick update of some server software again. Typically this is done later in the evening as to affect less users, but this one was kind of important, and wanted to make sure there was no more security issues
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 02/02/2004 4:34 PM
Before anyone posts this morning...

A little more downtime early this morning, fixing a few more important issues and restructuing the backup procedures. Things should be up very shortly.

There may also be a little more downtime this week on the server a lot of you are on as we look to upgrade the server with more RAM.

But any and all downtime during this maintinence should be brief and hopefully conducted during the morning hours. Thanks!
Posted By: steelhead Re: UPDATE - 02/03/2004 9:39 AM
Cool, thanks for letting us know.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: UPDATE - 02/06/2004 6:31 AM
I checked with some other users, and yep, my site's down again. Word from the street is that it went down around 10PMish eastern time.
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 02/06/2004 6:43 AM
Should have been 11ish eastern.. but either way, I addressed it in the mysql forum, but was working on a small upgrade (mysql, apache, etc) and that led to a larger incompatibility problem which is currently being resolved. Should be very shortly when things are working again, and they should be even faster and more stable than before with the new versions.

I'll keep everyone updated if there is any significant info, but hopefully this doesnt take too much longer.
Posted By: donJulio Re: UPDATE - 02/08/2004 8:30 PM
Are you upgrading to apache 2.0.something? BTW, I think MySQL is down at 10:30 a.m. PST.
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 02/08/2004 8:38 PM
mysql is down as I'm upgrading to the latest cPanel at the moment. There were some compatibility issues with the latest stable release. And no apache 2 quite yet
Posted By: donJulio Re: UPDATE - 02/09/2004 7:13 PM
It's 9:13 a.m. PST and it looks like DNS is down.
EDIT:
It's 10:43 and DNS is up now, but MySQL is down
Posted By: oceanwest Re: UPDATE - 02/09/2004 8:56 PM
it's like d'knee lan up & down & up & down
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 02/09/2004 11:22 PM
there is a threads site that looks to be to blame at the moment

But it appears some script or something on an index page is crashing Apache. We're looking into it right now trying to determine exactly what is the cause, but there is something going on that is forcing apache into a crashing spiral of death.
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 02/10/2004 12:18 AM
I'm going to be restarting a few more services here in the next hour or so, so if you notice a few minutes of error messages, just disregard them. But it looks like we may have found the culprit script, and as of now everything appears to be working beautifully again.
Posted By: donJulio Re: UPDATE - 02/10/2004 4:51 AM
Well I hope it wasn't my site that caused the problem BTW, DNS is down again
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 02/10/2004 5:28 AM
No, not your site (this time ) And yep, one more reboot here this evening to square everything away hopefully
Posted By: BWilliams_dup1 Re: UPDATE - 02/10/2004 8:23 PM
[]Jeremy said:
No, not your site (this time ) And yep, one more reboot here this evening to square everything away hopefully [/]
Down again
Posted By: AKD96 Re: UPDATE - 02/10/2004 8:29 PM
Yeah. Down here. My index redirect page works, but just about nothing else. My 404 pages work, but not the pages that are actually there. What's going on this time??
Posted By: donJulio Re: UPDATE - 02/10/2004 9:13 PM
MySQL is down It's been a while now. I guess I wouldn't exactly call this 99.8% uptime
Posted By: AKD96 Re: UPDATE - 02/10/2004 11:12 PM
No, it hasn't been 99.8%

Total downtime for January was 3:59:16. This was an uptime of 98.2%

Total downtime for February, so far, has been 18:59:48. This is a current uptime of 97.4% so far.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: UPDATE - 02/10/2004 11:49 PM
BTW, I know that this doesn't technically count as down-time now, since it's only MySQL that's down. But for sites like ours, it's just as "good" as downtime.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: UPDATE - 02/11/2004 12:18 AM
It just came back up.... please stay up :crosses fingers:
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 02/11/2004 12:25 AM
I apologize, and there will be some form of credit being issued for this month's downtime. A user on the server running phpBB (not anyone here) has problems with their database being corrupted, which is causing mysql to cause a kernel panic (ie. total crash, or mysql crashing)

I'm in the process of moving that site to a dedicated server at this time. Hopefully that will be completed this evening. We had 3 people working on this server all night last night and this morning running diagnostics and stress tests to find out what the exact problem was, and that one account does seem to be the problem.

Once that account gets moved and I can test to ensure the problems do not return, I'll have an update for everyone located on this server.
Posted By: donJulio Re: UPDATE - 02/11/2004 12:28 AM
Thanks for the update.
Posted By: monkeyevil Re: UPDATE - 02/11/2004 12:41 AM
While the downtime is really annoying, I can totally understand problems with hosting and servers. My members can't, but I can. *lol*

Jeremy is a good guy and has always answered my questions quickly. Up until the last few weeks I have had no problems with Vertex host. What I have problems with is members asking questions about downtime that I can't answer... but I guess we all have those issues.

Thanks for the hardwork Jeremy. I hope is was not my database that was having issues
Posted By: msula Re: UPDATE - 02/11/2004 1:44 AM
While you do use phpBB, no, it was not your database And thanks for the compliments.
Posted By: donJulio Re: UPDATE - 02/11/2004 4:36 AM
I've just noticed that the path to mogrify has changed. If any users are using PhotoPost and ImageMacick for the thumbnails, the new path is:
/usr/bin/mogrify
Posted By: AKD96 Re: UPDATE - 02/18/2004 12:13 AM
Servers napping again?
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 02/18/2004 12:35 AM
Okay, it's back up now, although I did have to repair my Users table.
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 02/18/2004 2:43 AM
There was another corrupt database that caused mysql to die. Looking into which one it was right now
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 02/19/2004 5:47 AM
We are down again
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 02/19/2004 5:50 AM
MySQL is down at the moment. I've said it before, but this doesn't technically count as down time, although for us, it effectively is.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 02/19/2004 5:52 AM
Jeremy, is this all from the same issue that's been on-going? If so, when will it finally be resolved? If not, quit playing with the server!
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 02/19/2004 5:57 AM
Seems michiganjeepers.com isn't affected by this. Sneaky.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 02/19/2004 5:59 AM
I'll save Jeremy some time and post what he told me...

[]Rebooting, kernel upgrade. There was an exploit released.[/]
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 02/19/2004 6:01 AM
There are many more than 1 server with the company, it is just that a majority of threads users are on the one that is having issues lately. But, as I've told a few others... (which hasn't been a public announcement yet) a few new servers are being setup as we speak, and we're phasing out the older servers some of you are on and moving to dual Xeon servers running Fedora linux.

It's becoming too time consuming to keep dealing with the kernel upgrades, cpanel upgrades, etc on the older servers, so we're re-vamping 100%

There is also more staff coming aboard in the next week or so, and without mentioning names sine it isn't official, I think you will recgonize the new staff.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 02/19/2004 6:01 AM
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 02/19/2004 11:40 PM
[]Jeremy said:
There are many more than 1 server with the company, it is just that a majority of threads users are on the one that is having issues lately. But, as I've told a few others... (which hasn't been a public announcement yet) a few new servers are being setup as we speak, and we're phasing out the older servers some of you are on and moving to dual Xeon servers running Fedora linux.

It's becoming too time consuming to keep dealing with the kernel upgrades, cpanel upgrades, etc on the older servers, so we're re-vamping 100%

There is also more staff coming aboard in the next week or so, and without mentioning names sine it isn't official, I think you will recgonize the new staff. [/]

I'm glad to see that you're upgrading, being that MySQL is down...again.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 02/19/2004 11:52 PM
Yep....MySQL is down.....
Posted By: BWilliams_dup1 Re: VertexHost? - 02/20/2004 12:08 AM
[]DLWebmaestro said:
Yep....MySQL is down..... [/]
Me too
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 02/20/2004 12:16 AM
Being restored right now. Account and server migrations should begin sometime mid next week.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 02/20/2004 9:59 AM
Total downage now...
Posted By: AKD96 Re: VertexHost? - 02/21/2004 6:11 PM
MySQL is taking a nap again.
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 02/21/2004 6:38 PM
Yep same
Posted By: BWilliams_dup1 Re: VertexHost? - 02/22/2004 10:59 AM
OK, I am getting a little worried here. My site has been down off and on for the last week, just like others, and it would atleast come up and display the mysql errors and now it can't find the site. Is it a DNS problem now? Am I getting too worked up about this? I know I paid the domain renewal bill a couple weeks ago
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 02/22/2004 5:25 PM
No worries, and I know this is getting a bit uneasy for a few. BUt for those of you on this server, I have told a few people, but some new hardware (servers) have been ordered already, and will be setup and ready to roll sometime this coming week. All accounts on this server will be moved ASAP.

These issues appear to be with RedHat 9 and some databases on this server. Occasionally a table will become corrupt, and then when trying to access that table, mysql will spin out of control, occasionally just taking down the mysql service, but other times causing a kernel panic which will even kill some other important services to make the site not accessable at all.

I've been working on this for a week and with no matter what kind of configuration, mysql version, etc, I can't seam to find anything that helps. That is why the new servers were ordered, and I'm ditching this box all together. Also, the new hardware will be about triple the machine this one is, so there should also be some nice speed improvements once everyone gets transfered over.

Also, I'm bringing on more staff to help. Our own JoshPet will be coming aboard as a co-owner of the company and system admin. We are, and will be putting a lot of money into these upgrades to ensure issues like this do not arise in the future, and with the new servers going in, they are going to be monitored on-site and in the event of any server issues like we have been experiencing, they will be attended to in under 5 minutes! But those problems should be unlikely once the new infastructure is in place.

So while I'm still working at trying to stabilize some of the accounts on this problematic server, rest assured by this time next week this server will be out of commission and everyone should be successfully moved to their new home, and Josh should be fully up to speed with the company and helping maintain the servers and answer any questions as well.

For those of you who haven't been having any problems and are on my other servers, I guess you are probably wondering what in the heck we're even talking about But it's ok.
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 02/22/2004 8:30 PM
Thanks Jeremy for the heads up and your commitment to quality customer service.
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 02/27/2004 6:42 PM
SQL Down again.
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 02/27/2004 6:45 PM
It would be nice to know if there is a way to redirect people when there are SQL errors to another html page that would display something other that the SQL errors. It just freaks out the many users.
Posted By: scroungr Re: VertexHost? - 02/27/2004 7:35 PM
well you could temp put up a index.html and rename the index.php or just add a redirect to the .html via htaccess.. then on the index.html put a message like

"Boards temporily down sorry for any inconvience. We are working to get it up as soon as possible. Please check back later and get a life ya bum. Who is reading these boards anyways, when they are suppose to be working? You are such a slacker.."

Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 02/27/2004 8:11 PM
Thanks but I was hoping for something automatic. that knows when it can't access the SQL databases. Since I never know when it goes down nor when it turns back on. phpadsnew dose this like this... http://ads.fmforums.com
Posted By: scroungr Re: VertexHost? - 02/27/2004 8:26 PM
well you could tie into index.php and a mysql_connect if it dies script. That way if it can't connect to the mysql database which means it will die something in index.php displays sorry but forums are down.

use something like

<?php
$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "mysql_user", "mysql_password") or die($cant_connect = 1);
mysql_close($link);
?>

then if $cant_connect == 1 you run error page.. and if it's not then you run ubbthreads
Posted By: BWilliams_dup1 Re: VertexHost? - 02/27/2004 9:45 PM
Must be doing the transfers today

My site was down for a while, then up for about 15 minutes and now is down again.

I can't wait until this is done and over as my phone doesn't stop ringing everytime the site is down
Posted By: slayer60 Re: VertexHost? - 02/27/2004 10:12 PM
[]oceanwest said:
Thanks but I was hoping for something automatic. that knows when it can't access the SQL databases. Since I never know when it goes down nor when it turns back on. phpadsnew dose this like this... http://ads.fmforums.com [/]

Weelll, this is a standard feature in 6.5. Soooo, if you'd just upgrade already.

:ducksandrunsaway:
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 02/29/2004 12:13 AM
Some server preperations going on last week, causing a bit of unstability, but the majority of the sites should be moving over on monday. It's going to be a tremendous change!
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 03/02/2004 5:13 AM
I hope you let us know here when the change is done and what the name is of the new server I can hardly wait he he he.
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/02/2004 5:54 AM
The new server name is "mystic"
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 03/02/2004 6:09 AM
MySQL is down.
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 03/02/2004 3:15 PM
mysql still down...
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 03/02/2004 7:48 PM
I see I'm still on zen and it's Tuesday...
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/02/2004 7:55 PM
The server is still not 100% ready, just waiting for the burn-in process to be complete and accounts will begin moving as soon as that is completed.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 03/02/2004 10:50 PM
What exactly is the "burn-in" process? What does that entail. BTW, when will Josh be officially announced as co owner ( so I can start sending him support tickets )?
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/03/2004 1:49 AM
Josh and I are finalizing the deal this evening most likely. I have to sell him 50% of the shares of stock in the corporation, so it gets a little complex, which is why it has taken a while to get the partnership official.

As far as the burn-in process, it is essentially turning the machine on, and letting it run for 24-48 hours, perform various stress tests, and ensure the machine is stable and there are no hardware weaknesses so it can be a production machine
Posted By: scroungr Re: VertexHost? - 03/03/2004 2:07 AM
Oooo when is the stock going public? You gonna be trading on NASDQ?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: VertexHost? - 03/03/2004 7:39 AM
LOL now there's some ROI for sure.

I should be officially onboard soon - I'm mailing my check tomorrow.
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/03/2004 9:49 PM
The mystic server is up and ready to rock and roll. Accounts will begin migrating late this afternoon or evening, as there are just a few tweaks to finish up.
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/04/2004 3:32 AM
Well, looks like the server received more hardware than planned I hope you guys are ready for some blazing threads forums I'm putting some final touches on the server tonight to ensure everything is in perfect shape before moving any live accounts.

I still may begin tonight, but I just want to ensure the DNS and everything is working properly so that you guys will experience no additional downtime than many of you have recently already suffered.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 03/04/2004 3:45 AM
Define "more hard ware than planned " please
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/04/2004 4:51 AM
haha, it was a bit of premature exuberation on my part But it does appear they are using faster disks now as opposed to what I'm used to, so that's still a bonus!
Posted By: BWilliams_dup1 Re: VertexHost? - 03/04/2004 5:45 AM
Great News and thanks for the follow-up !!

Thanks Jeremy
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/04/2004 5:50 AM
And just another quick update, Josh will officially be part of the administrative and support team tomorrow (thursday)
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 03/04/2004 6:33 AM
MySQL is down, but if I'm on mystic 24 hours from now, I won't care
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/04/2004 7:00 AM
I'ts being restored right now. And yes, most, if not all accounts will be on mystic in 24 hours
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/05/2004 1:19 AM
Some sites have been transfered (not many large sites yet) but things appear to be going very smoothly with only on average a few minutes of DNS lag or possible site outage during the move. For most of you, it will be almost seamless. For others with larger sites, they take a bit longer so you may experience some brief outages, or maybe a couple missed posts on your forum if people posted right in the middle of the move, but otherwise the only thing you should notice is increased performance and 100% uptime
Posted By: JoshPet Re: VertexHost? - 03/05/2004 6:40 AM
Well - I've rolled up my sleeves and am digging in.

I've moved probably 1/3 of the accounts at this point, including at least one threads site from here (socaps). All seems to be going smoothly. Will keep plugging.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: VertexHost? - 03/05/2004 8:36 AM
And I've moved over a couple of ThreadsHosting.com clients. We'll let the dust settle a bit and dig back in tomorrow.
Posted By: BWilliams_dup1 Re: VertexHost? - 03/05/2004 8:48 AM
[]JoshPet said:
Well - I've rolled up my sleeves and am digging in.

I've moved probably 1/3 of the accounts at this point, including at least one threads site from here (socaps). All seems to be going smoothly. Will keep plugging. [/]
Does seem to be a bit faster

THANKS Guys, I look forwad to a long lasting relationship

I am sure you are still working on the transfers, but fyi when I try to goto the Photo Post or Review Post sections I am getting this error: Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library './gd.so' - ./gd.so: cannot open shared object file

The links are www.socaps.com/photopost & www.socaps.com/reviewpost
Posted By: JoshPet Re: VertexHost? - 03/05/2004 12:14 PM
OK _ FmForums, Drumlines and laondalatina are moved to mystic.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: VertexHost? - 03/05/2004 12:25 PM
[]BWilliams said:
I am sure you are still working on the transfers, but fyi when I try to goto the Photo Post or Review Post sections I am getting this error: Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library './gd.so' - ./gd.so: cannot open shared object file

The links are www.socaps.com/photopost & www.socaps.com/reviewpost [/]

Fixed. GD Library installed.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 03/05/2004 7:31 PM
I remeber the path to mogrify changing when Jeremy had to reinstall the OS on zen. The old machine had the path to mogrify (ImageMagik) as:
/usr/bin/mogrify
I've just checked running: whereis mogrify
on the new server and just get:
mogrify:
Which I think means ImageMagik isn't installed. Can you install that and let me know what the path is so I can change the PhotoPost config file. Thanks!
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/05/2004 9:18 PM
All taken care of
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 03/06/2004 8:06 PM
Thanks Josh & Jeremy!
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 03/08/2004 9:22 PM
Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like the server was slowing down. I could see the pages loading slower and a couple of times my browser timed out while attempting to contact my site. Anyhow, I SSHed (I don't know if that verb is in the dictionary) into the server and there are a LOT of processes that look like this:
nobody 22245 0.0 0.4 17432 8408 ? S 10:48 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
running, and they all began about when the slowdown occured, a little before 11:00 a.m. There may be about 3 dozen of them by now. Maybe this is all in my imagination however, but I'll tell you that combined they are using up a lot of the servers memory.

EDIT: Here is a list of the current processes:
nobody 22097 0.0 0.3 16288 7108 ? S 10:47 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22231 0.0 0.3 17276 8272 ? S 10:48 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22232 0.0 0.3 15596 6552 ? S 10:48 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22239 0.0 0.3 15984 7340 ? S 10:48 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22240 0.0 0.3 16304 7268 ? S 10:48 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22242 0.0 0.3 15864 6900 ? S 10:48 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22245 0.0 0.4 17432 8408 ? S 10:48 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22249 0.0 0.3 15696 6704 ? S 10:48 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22250 0.1 0.4 17312 8340 ? S 10:48 0:02 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22252 0.0 0.3 15892 7268 ? S 10:48 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22288 0.0 0.3 16048 6848 ? S 10:48 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22323 0.0 0.3 15932 6848 ? S 10:48 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22361 0.0 0.4 17704 8872 ? S 10:49 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22363 0.0 0.2 14644 5488 ? S 10:49 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 22399 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 10:49 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
var/lib/mysql/mystic.vertexhost.com.pid --skip-locking
mysql 22433 0.1 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 10:49 0:02 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 22530 0.0 0.3 15604 6764 ? S 10:51 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22532 0.0 0.3 15824 6788 ? S 10:51 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22596 0.0 0.3 15960 6812 ? S 10:51 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22615 0.0 0.3 16276 7188 ? S 10:52 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22694 0.0 0.3 15744 6684 ? S 10:52 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
fmforums 22705 0.0 0.0 2492 1156 ? S 10:52 0:00 imapd
nobody 22713 0.0 0.3 16612 7516 ? S 10:52 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 22801 0.0 0.3 16180 7324 ? S 10:53 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
root 22937 0.0 0.2 5484 4152 ? S 10:54 0:00 cppop - accepting on port 110
nobody 23322 0.0 0.3 16356 7252 ? S 10:56 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 23646 0.0 0.3 15676 6688 ? S 10:58 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 23761 0.0 0.3 16872 7868 ? S 10:59 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 23766 0.0 0.3 17012 8016 ? S 10:59 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 23838 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 10:59 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 23942 0.0 0.3 15536 6452 ? S 11:00 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 23975 0.0 0.3 15732 6704 ? S 11:00 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 24033 0.0 0.3 16352 7524 ? S 11:00 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 24353 0.0 0.3 15696 6612 ? S 11:02 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
root 24428 0.0 0.0 6052 1492 ? S 11:02 0:00 /usr/sbin/exim -q
nobody 24469 0.0 0.3 15868 6840 ? S 11:02 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 24490 0.1 0.3 16060 7076 ? S 11:02 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 24497 0.0 0.3 15744 6628 ? S 11:02 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 24530 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:02 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
root 24658 0.0 0.0 7616 1764 ? S 11:03 0:00 sshd: laondal [priv]
laondal 24671 0.0 0.0 7616 1976 ? S 11:03 0:00 sshd: []laondal@pts/12[/]
laondal 24673 0.0 0.0 5508 1292 pts/12 S 11:03 0:00 -bash
nobody 24703 0.0 0.3 16192 7032 ? S 11:03 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 24821 0.0 0.3 16276 7272 ? S 11:04 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 25175 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:06 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 25253 0.0 0.3 15712 6468 ? S 11:06 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 25332 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:06 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 25333 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:06 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 25358 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:07 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 25384 0.0 0.3 15848 7012 ? S 11:07 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 25391 0.0 0.3 16028 6928 ? S 11:07 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 25433 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:07 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 25460 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:08 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 25486 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:08 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 25507 0.1 0.3 15716 6684 ? S 11:08 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 25508 0.1 0.3 15848 7060 ? S 11:08 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
fmforums 25516 0.0 0.0 2492 1120 ? S 11:08 0:00 imapd
mysql 25531 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:08 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 25605 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:09 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 25724 0.0 0.3 15604 6564 ? S 11:10 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 25803 0.0 0.3 15744 6592 ? S 11:10 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 25897 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:10 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 25899 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:10 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 26064 0.2 0.3 15496 6500 ? S 11:12 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 26067 0.1 0.3 15944 6952 ? S 11:12 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 26068 0.1 0.3 15464 6580 ? S 11:12 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 26071 0.0 0.3 15592 6520 ? S 11:12 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 26072 0.0 0.3 15648 6552 ? S 11:12 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 26073 0.2 0.3 15720 6700 ? S 11:12 0:01 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 26074 0.1 0.3 15896 6864 ? S 11:12 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 26078 0.0 0.3 15356 6328 ? S 11:12 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 26231 0.0 0.3 15824 6756 ? S 11:13 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 26247 0.0 0.3 15980 6992 ? S 11:13 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 26621 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:15 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 26715 0.0 0.3 16004 6840 ? S 11:15 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
seaadv 26718 0.0 0.2 5512 4372 ? S 11:15 0:00 cppop - serving 66.83.136.50 - TRANSACTION - [][email protected][/]
mysql 26722 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:15 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 26868 0.4 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:16 0:01 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 26998 0.1 0.3 15416 6304 ? S 11:17 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27052 0.0 0.3 15384 6232 ? S 11:18 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27053 0.0 0.2 15304 6160 ? S 11:18 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27054 0.0 0.3 15624 6560 ? S 11:18 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27062 0.1 0.2 15192 6024 ? S 11:18 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27066 0.1 0.3 15640 6556 ? S 11:18 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27083 0.0 0.2 14424 4664 ? S 11:18 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27140 0.0 0.2 15380 6192 ? S 11:18 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
pasikows 27186 0.0 0.2 5512 4416 ? S 11:18 0:00 cppop - serving 68.76.54.84 - TRANSACTION - [][email protected][/]
mailnull 27230 0.0 0.1 6344 2624 ? S 11:18 0:00 /usr/sbin/exim -bd -q60m
mysql 27269 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:19 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27319 1.3 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:19 0:01 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 27321 0.1 0.3 16468 7116 ? S 11:19 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27336 0.1 0.3 15796 6648 ? S 11:19 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 27351 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:19 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27357 0.4 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:19 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27367 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:19 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27377 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:19 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27385 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:19 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27386 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:20 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27421 0.2 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:20 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27434 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:20 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27439 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:20 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 27448 0.1 0.2 14576 4960 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
root 27449 0.0 0.1 6332 2900 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/sbin/exim -q
nobody 27450 0.1 0.2 15344 6196 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27451 0.2 0.2 14828 5624 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mailnull 27452 0.0 0.1 6332 2944 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/sbin/exim -q
nobody 27458 0.0 0.2 14392 4648 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
root 27459 0.0 0.2 5504 4180 ? S 11:20 0:00 cppop - serving 68.227.19.188 - AUTHORIZATION
nobody 27463 0.2 0.3 15488 6268 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27465 0.0 0.2 14720 5444 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
nobody 27466 0.2 0.2 15140 6020 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 27470 0.1 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:20 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
nobody 27493 0.2 0.3 15484 6256 ? S 11:20 0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
mysql 27494 0.2 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:20 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27498 0.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:20 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
mysql 27502 6.0 0.8 44952 18316 pts/1 S 11:21 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/
laondal 27504 0.0 0.0 2980 836 pts/12 R 11:21 0:00 ps -aux
laondal 27505 0.0 0.0 6540 648 pts/12 S 11:21 0:00 less
Posted By: msula Re: VertexHost? - 03/09/2004 2:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I was in Chicago all weekend, so I wasn't available for real-time server updates, but I'll be keeping an eye on it throughout the day and tonight to see if we can get things tweaked as good as possible.
Posted By: donJulio Re: VertexHost? - 03/10/2004 12:15 AM
Looks like MySQL may be dying. It's down with this error:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/laondal/public_html/foros/mysql.inc.php on line 35
SQL ERROR: Tue, Mar 09 2004 14:12:58 -0800 Database error only visible to forum administrators
Maybe it died because of too many connections? I've never seen that before.
Posted By: BWilliams_dup1 Re: VertexHost? - 03/10/2004 12:33 AM
[]donJulio said:
Looks like MySQL may be dying. It's down with this error:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/laondal/public_html/foros/mysql.inc.php on line 35
SQL ERROR: Tue, Mar 09 2004 14:12:58 -0800 Database error only visible to forum administrators
Maybe it died because of too many connections? I've never seen that before. [/]
Same here
Posted By: oceanwest Re: VertexHost? - 03/10/2004 12:45 AM
Currently Everything is down mail dns mysql...

And on our busiest day - the release of FileMaker 7 - our purpose for being!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: VertexHost? - 03/10/2004 1:01 AM
We really cannot do Vertex Business here:

But we can here:
http://www.threadsaddons.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?Cat=7
© UBB.Developers