UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres Joker.com - 10/22/2007 8:28 PM
I went with them years ago because they seemed to do a good job and were much less expensive than register.com - they have some ()&^! policies now and people outside the EU need to pay attention.

After a site I forgot I registered with them was shut down friday night I tried to pay the renewal fee through their website and it required some sort of mail or fax or email of a signed form that the card I was using to pay with (that had my name and address, the same one I've used for years with them) - what kind of eejit policy is that? My name is listed for all the contacts for the domain and I am paying for it with a card with the same name...

eejits.

For an even more eejit-level look at their policy, I went to their 'simple renewal' link where anyone with any credit card can renew any domain, theirs or not. I renewed the domain name without any issue there - no form, no fax, no email of a scanned-in form.

smashpc

If you don't use their name-servers (and for most I didn't) finding out what domain names I have hosted with them is pretty difficult. I can never get the exact process right whenever I go back to the site and log in. I have to hunt and peck for the names (turns out I have 7 domain names with them still).

I am transferring them all to my account with godaddy asap.
Posted By: sirdude Re: Joker.com - 10/22/2007 9:55 PM
Godaddy FTW!! wavey
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Joker.com - 10/23/2007 4:01 AM
I use my eNom account :flex: wink... I also have several clients located there as well
© UBB.Developers