UBB.Dev
Posted By: ahv Hosting Boards - 03/08/2003 7:14 AM
Hi,

I am looking for a script that let me host boards for other people.

what i want is:

People fill in a form with all info the board needs to create a forum.

When people send the form, the script checks iff all info it needs is there.

When all info is there, the script auto creates the forum and emails the person that requested the forum with everything (s)he has to know.

Is this possible?

And if so, what will this cost me?

Regards,

ahv
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Hosting Boards - 03/08/2003 7:41 AM
it's possible smile www.hostboard.com has been doing it for a couple years or more now smile jordo would be your dev for a job like this, contact him smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Hosting Boards - 03/08/2003 4:59 PM
I could make a part of it but I'm not too sure how to make it setup the board sections. See if you have it totally automated you'd face users abusing your good faith...

I think that your best bet would be to have a mailform with the data that you need outputted how you need it to your email, then you enter it in phisically, then you don't have to worry about people not completing forms (such as for name putting asdf or something) or abusing your forms (makine like 40 boards) etc...

But thats just my little over active sci fi buff mind talkin :x...
Posted By: Corona Re: Hosting Boards - 03/09/2003 3:50 AM
Anythings possible smile

Are you just looking for a script which collects pertinent information which would be used to auto-configure and setup a UBB board for a particular domain/subdomain? Basically, the script would create the proper variable files, and place them in a new directory for this user. In essence, the script automatically builds a working UBB in the users personal domain/subdomain.

If that is all there is, its not too terribly hard. However, its quite a bit of code. Probably 15 - 30 hours of work depending on how elaborate the form interface would be. If your looking for just the bare essentials to get the ubb up and running, assume the conservative.

Question: Would the user who created the ubb be listed as an administrator, and be granted access to the UBB control panel? If so, would the user then need to be restricted from changing files such as the ubb configuration? Locking down a few configuration pages is trivial, however If you wanted to create a fully custom control panel, the chore would become quite a bit more involved.

Feel free to contact me if desired.
© UBB.Developers