UBB.Dev
Posted By: Andrew_dup2 phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 10/20/2002 12:55 AM
Hello All,

I am currently running phpBB as my forum solution, and I have purchased UBB.Threads and did not realise there was not a converter available on the net to download.

Is there anyone with the experise to make a phpBB to UBB.Threads converter? If so could you reply to my message, as I am willing to [:"red"] pay [/] for someone to do one.

Thanks,

Andrew
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 10/20/2002 1:15 AM
Welcome Andrew, I'll move this to the "for hire" forum so our developers will know where to look for it... there are some talented people who can do it for you I am sure
Posted By: Andrew_dup2 Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 10/20/2002 1:37 PM
Thanks for that.
Posted By: Gardener Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 10/21/2002 12:21 AM
I might be able to help, I've been helping out with a couple of other converter scripts recently so I have quite a good understanding of the internals of threads. I don't have any coding experience in phpBB though, someone who knows about that systems database would probably do a better job.
Posted By: msula Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 10/24/2002 1:25 AM
Ugh.. that was one thing I had slated to work on, bt never got around to it after I dediced to start my own business.

I run a large phpBB forum now and have some experience with the database structure and even some old DB dumps laying around if anyone needs them for help at putting this together.
Posted By: armyocs Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 12/01/2002 10:47 AM
Hello!

Any luck here? I would be willing to pay aswell.

Thanks!

-Jason
Posted By: msula Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 12/02/2002 6:14 AM
Sorry, I haven't had time to experiment with it yet, still too many other things going on at the moment. I will hopefully take a look at it sometime late this month as I have a 3 week "vacation"
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 12/02/2002 11:34 AM
Just letting you know that I've been in contact with Jason (armyocs) about this.
Posted By: msula Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 12/02/2002 5:38 PM
ahh, excellent. If you do end up doing it, let me know so I don't continue working on it
Posted By: Dalar Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 01/06/2003 8:28 AM
Has anyone done this yet? Looking at phpbb, it looks doable. I won't commit to it just yet, but before I decide I'd like to know someone is interested in it, and willing to compensate for time (university student here! )
Posted By: Dave_L_dup1 Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 01/06/2003 4:03 PM
I converted Jason's (armyocs) forum from phpBB to UBB.threads.

For a couple of reasons, I'd prefer not to make my conversion script publicly available at this time, but I'm available for doing conversions. If anyone else is interested in a phpBB to UBB.threads conversion, please contact me privately.
Posted By: Dalar Re: phpBB to UBB.Threads Converter - 01/06/2003 11:12 PM
ok, cool
© UBB.Developers