UBB.Dev
Posted By: cstaber Forum Integration/Database Modifications - 01/14/2003 3:46 AM
I'm creating an awesome Fansite for a really great MMORPG (Ragnarok Online) that's currently in Beta, which I absolutely love! Anyway, Here's ina nutshell what I need:

Item Database- There are basically three types of items in RO - weapons, armor, and everything else. I need a page where users can submit Items by filling out various fields (there are different fields based on the three types). Also, the option to upload an image of the item when I have uploading and attachments turned off throughout the forum. Any field not filed in will be omitted in the final post. All posts need to be aproved my mod/admin and then the posts are placed in the Item database (forum- I would presume). The subject could be the item name and anyone (except anon) can post replies to it. Then when browsing the forum, I need the ability to sort posts by name- and if at all possible, be able to sort them by the other fields entered. Then an advanced search form that can search that forum based on any of the fields (title, weight, damage, etc). I know at first glance this seems complex, but I'm pretty sure it isn't too terribly hard. If I had just a little bit more knowledge I might be able to do it myself- I can enter my own hacks and look at a line of code and know exactly what it does, but when it comes to writing from scratch...well yeah So if anyone would like a small challenge or wouldn't mind helping me out, I'de be much appreciated Feel free to PM me what you think about the project and how much you'de be interisted in doing it for...Just keep in mind it's a fansite and I don't make any money from it...So even if you're not interisted, if you'de like to PM a few pointers/tips on how/where I might begin or anything of that nature, I'de greatly appreciate it!
While the site's open, it hasn't officially launched yet. Once completed I can submit it to the makers of the game and they'll list it as an official fansite, which'll draw loads of people...But anyway...yeah...rambling...haha Thanks for all your help in advance!

Feel free to check out my site too and offer any comments/suggestions!
http://www.ROTrader.com
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Forum Integration/Database Modifications - 01/14/2003 6:13 AM
Just a note, I've worked this out with cstaber.
© UBB.Developers