UBB.Dev
Posted By: MHB UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 06/17/2001 5:00 PM
Hi...

I got a UBB, which is in perl.
I got a website which is in php.
I got a cookie the ubb makes that I wanna exploit in php.
I got a big problem laugh

Does anyone have any idea how I could use the cookie set by UBB to get info from their profile?
I dont even know what name it is or how to call it frown

I think its called ubber then a few numbers...
Its value is like UserName&Pass&MemberNumber&1000

So, If I knew how to get the cookie to a var, I could use explode to get each into an array by using the ampersand as the explode char...?

Can ANYONE help?

Cheers smile
Posted By: JohnM Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 06/17/2001 11:53 PM
list($username,$password,$membernumber,$other) = explode('&', $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['ubber']);
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 06/18/2001 1:39 AM
more specifically, ubber$vars_config{Cookie_Number}, or better yet, $cookie. wink
Posted By: MHB Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 06/18/2001 2:43 PM
Hmmm....

It doesnt work, the variables are empty frown
I changed the ubber to ubber than the number in the config file and sill no luck, and $cookie doesnt work either frown

Any ideas?
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 06/19/2001 1:46 AM
Experement with more inside ultimatebb. We might be using the wrong examples.
Posted By: MHB Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 06/19/2001 9:23 AM
Still cant get it to work smirk

Maybe I could put in a piece of perl code where the cookie is created to create another cookie, that can be used by the whole site and its value be their member number?

Would that be possible? Would anyone of you know the code to do it?

[ June 19, 2001 02:25 AM: Message edited by: MHB ]
Posted By: MHB Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 06/19/2001 11:17 AM
Actuallt nevermind, It seems my cookie number has a space in, and spaces turn into underscores, so I tried it with the underscore and it worked!

Thanks alot for your help smile
Posted By: Gamesgodo Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 08/11/2001 9:19 PM
Hi.

I have a UBB board, and memebrs log in, making a cookie.

Now, I'm making a website in Macromedia UltraDev and I have a database for the users details and preferences on content.

I'd really like a login page that logs them into the site and also simultaneously logs then into UBB.

How do I do this?

PS. I'm familiar with HTML, but am NO wizard with this stuff, I'm just leaner. Please be simple.

Cheers.
Posted By: Durango Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 11/17/2001 6:52 AM
I also am trying to do this, grabbing info from the ubb cookie and displaying and intergrating it in php on the rest of the site.

I'm new to php, been reading around trying to find out what to do, and besides whats been posted here I haven't found much (or understood) that could help me. So.. anyone wanna kinda guide me along here?

Thanx in advance.
Posted By: Durango Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 11/26/2001 12:38 AM
Anybody? Help? plz? lol
Posted By: IMOK Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 11/27/2001 4:31 PM
I'm sort of in the same boat. Outside the UBB the site will be ASP and there will be some user functions there that will require being logged in. I would like some way to utilize the cookie that UBB writes.
Posted By: IMOK Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 12/05/2001 6:08 PM
Should I assume that because there are no responses that no one knows how to do this?
Posted By: Durango Re: UBB... cookies... php.... *noooooo* - 12/05/2001 9:36 PM
https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000566

© UBB.Developers