UBB.Dev
Posted By: JohnY PHP on NT4 - 11/01/2001 7:10 PM
Hi all:

I run my own server and have a web hosting business so I am pretty flexable with what I can install on the server.

To be honest, I didn't know until reading here that PHP could run on nt. Doh!

Has anyone installed PHP on NT and currently using the Accelerator?

What are some of the issues you have had (if any)? Has everything gone smoothly from the install of PHP to the set up of the UBB Accelerator? Any tips you could give me? Do the boards run significantly faster?

Your help/comments are greatly appreciated!
cool
Posted By: Bob Re: PHP on NT4 - 11/05/2001 8:23 PM
I can't tell you much about the perfomance of the UBB with the Accelerator but if you can tell me what webserver your using, I am assuming IIS 4 or 5, I can help you with installing PHP.
Posted By: JohnY Re: PHP on NT4 - 11/06/2001 4:33 AM
Ok, I am running NT 4 and IIS 4.0

I installed PHP and got the following

quote:

When I turned it on, I got all kinds of error messages like...

quote:
It was pretty ugly. I have full control over my server so I configure it however I like.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!
Posted By: JohnY Re: PHP on NT4 - 11/10/2001 6:45 AM
Well, had to figure this one out on my own... seems like not too many people really know this stuff or those who do don't want to share.

To get the zilb working...

OK, well, at least on NT/2000, lets assume you have extracted your PHP files into c:php

You need to move/copy the php_zlib.dll out of the c:phpextensions folder into the c:php directory. Then in the php.ini file which I think gets put in your c:winntsystem32 folder, you need to uncomment the one line that references the zlib dll file

It seems easy but it wasn't intuitave.
© UBB.Developers