UBB.Dev
Posted By: yasou Polls problem - 12/26/2004 7:26 PM
Hello Josh and evryone who can help.

I have a problem with the polls on my web site. Only registered users can vote after the modifications were done.
Before teh modifications everyone could vote. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thank you in advance.
Posted By: Zackary Re: Polls problem - 12/27/2004 12:32 AM
There's an option in your Admin to allow only registered users to vote or all users. You might want to double check that setting.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Polls problem - 01/03/2005 10:28 AM
Actually - soemthing that was recently discovered - a Bug in UBB.Threads. The options in the config to allow people to vote are backwards.

Control Panel -> Feature Settings

Allow Poll Voting: All Users / Registered Members

But the otptions in 6.5 are backwards so select "Registered Members" if you want ALL users to vote, and select "All Users" if you only want Registered members to vote.
They will have this fixed in 6.5.1.
Posted By: Tina Re: Polls problem - 03/24/2005 11:03 PM
Josh,

I have 6.5.1, and I am experiencing something a bit different... One of our members has posted a poll, but it looks like I (an administrator) cannot vote on it nor see any radio buttons to cast a vote. Furthermore, I don't know how this member did so, but when I go in as an administrator or when I become this user, and attempt to edit the post, I don't see the poll code in the text box... I only see the text.

Do you know of any other bugs with 6.5.1 relating to the polls?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Polls problem - 03/29/2005 8:46 AM
If you're allowing everyone to vote, then only one vote per IP can be cast. It doesn't track usernumbers. If you're allowing only registered users, then it'll track by usernumber.

Polls haven't been done with UBBCode since version 6.4 (or maybe 6.3) they are created using separate scripts. They cannot be edited.

The user could set a time period though when they created the poll, if the time period is past, then no more votes can be cast, no matter who you are.
Posted By: Tina Re: Polls problem - 03/31/2005 12:29 AM
I see, we had 6.3 and I vaguely remember a way to edit them... I could be wrong since I have now immersed myself in so many areas of our new board, that I cannot be sure anymore.

However, is this to say that barring the actual deletion of the post, if a member posts an abusive poll, there is no way to edit that poll out?

Thx so much, Josh!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Polls problem - 03/31/2005 1:31 AM
Right, actually if I'm not mistaken, in earlier versions, a post with a poll couldn't be edited at all - so with the advent of the new polling system, it was actually an improvement that you could still at least edit the post.
Posted By: Tina Re: Polls problem - 04/01/2005 12:24 AM
Thx, Josh. I suppose I never really noticed before and cannot be entirely sure since this is the first time I have ever wanted to edit a member's naughtiness with the poll.

I do appreciate the help... if a MOD ever comes up, I hope, then, one can be posted here.
© UBB.Developers