UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ira CGI Pulls - 02/06/2000 6:35 AM
I'm trying to get my UBB navigation set up to where I don't need to change it every time I change my navbar. So is there any possible way to get SSI to work across the entire UBB? I doubt it, being that cgi files don't get parsed, so on to my next question... Can it work to do a cgi pull into all the UBB pages, ending up with code similar to the below, then using $ variables to put the navigation where I want it? If this works I know I'd have to update threads every time I change the navbar, but that'd be easier than copying everything over like that. Any thoughts, or am I making any sense here?

And here would be the code I would want to be using:

eval {
($0 =~ m,(.*)/[^/]+,) && unshift (@INC, "$1");

require "/home/ira/www/templates/cgitop.txt";
};
Posted By: Viceroy Re: CGI Pulls - 02/14/2000 2:51 AM
SSI should work, try it.
Posted By: cyo Re: CGI Pulls - 03/13/2000 7:05 PM
quote:
no it doesn't work like that. It will work on the .html pages if the sever is set up like that but not .cgi files
Posted By: Ira Re: CGI Pulls - 03/13/2000 7:29 PM
Ok, thanks, that's what I thought. In that case do you know if CGI pulls are the only way to go, or are there other better methods of getting a navbar inserted from another file?

------------------
Posted By: Stallion Re: CGI Pulls - 03/13/2000 10:57 PM
On my board, this is what I did:

First, look for the spot where you want the file to be pulled. Most likely this will be in the middle of a:
quote:
I set it up to display like the following:
quote:
Then create include.html in your CGI directory, and you're good to go. [Linked Image]

Then just use SSI for the .html pages (use .htaccess to make sure they're parsed)

Just a thought [Linked Image]
------------------
Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral / PlanetUnreal
Posted By: The Team Re: CGI Pulls - 03/14/2000 1:39 AM
Stallion -- what is the crossed off "Just a Thought" thing for? You against cal or something?

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck
All they have to do is drink beer, play hockey, and say "Eh"

* No offense meant to any Canadians
Posted By: cal Re: CGI Pulls - 03/14/2000 10:06 PM
Care to explain?

Posted By: Stallion Re: CGI Pulls - 03/15/2000 12:12 AM
Just a joke. Cal types "Just a thought" at the end of every message, not using the signature feature [Linked Image]

No harm intended!

------------------
Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral / PlanetUnreal
Posted By: cal Re: CGI Pulls - 03/15/2000 11:28 AM
I have it assigned to a HotKey most of the time. I would put it as a signature, but then you get the nasty ------------ thing going on.

© UBB.Developers