UBB.Dev
Posted By: Tae-Hwan how do you get rid of the top stuff? - 02/12/2000 2:15 AM
like register | profile | preferences| .. and that little folder tree thingy.. i've been trying to figure it out for a while now, and i don't know any cgi [Linked Image]
Posted By: The Team Re: how do you get rid of the top stuff? - 02/12/2000 5:32 AM
You will have to edit multiple files to get rid of the top stuff. Some of the files to start with are Ultimate.cgi, postings.cgi, forumdisplay.cgi. These are only a few, there are probably some more.
Posted By: Tae-Hwan Re: how do you get rid of the top stuff? - 02/12/2000 6:49 AM
argh why's it gotta be so hard... are there any steps anywhere about how to do it?
Posted By: The Team Re: how do you get rid of the top stuff? - 02/12/2000 7:31 AM
Actually it is very simple...It may take a little time to learn the script, but if you put your head into it, it wouldn't take any longer then an hour or two to accomplish it. There was a thread at Scriptkeeper.com posted recently that could help you out. The address was http://www.scriptkeeper.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/003857.html. This actually replaced the preofile |register | etc.. links with images of the words. But you could easily a) just not put anything in its place, or b) use a 1x1 pixel image to replace it. the folder structure and the ubb title iamge will remain, but after looking at around the same places where you remove the links, you should be able to figure it out.
Posted By: Stallion Re: how do you get rid of the top stuff? - 02/12/2000 8:44 AM
Actually, something like this could be accomplished in a matter of 5 to 10 minutes tops. Just do a search and replace for what you are trying to remove, and in each file, just delete what's needed. I can't really give you steps, as they'd just be line numbers, and it'd be more trouble than its worth.

------------------
Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral / PlanetUnreal
© UBB.Developers