UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dan Flynn First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/21/2000 7:58 PM
Hello,

I have been trying for some time to integrate my UBB. I have used the code you find on the different boards, people put up to help. But never could get it. That was until I used you're code under one of you're learning sections. It was very easy. Thank You.

However I have a few problems. First the integration looks pretty good. I will clean it up regarding links after I get it working right.

I would like the left nav bar to be a little bigger with out going off screen on the right. As it stands, it is good other than wanting the nav bar a little bigger. How ever on the main page and when you click to a board it looks good. But when you click on a post the whole thing is to big. Why and can I fix that.

Also I just got word and checked, Netscape is not showing my board now. Just some banners at the top.

Thanks Great site.
My UBB link is below

------------------
Dan Flynn www.powerwash.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi

[This message has been edited by Dan Flynn on July 21, 2000]
Posted By: Digital Boy Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/21/2000 8:27 PM
My first instinct is that you used relative table widths. NS doesn't like this a lot and goes weird. You might want to check that.
Posted By: Dan Flynn Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/21/2000 8:34 PM
I tried to post the code for you and it display the nav bar. Is there a way for you to look at it?

------------------

Posted By: AllenAyres Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/21/2000 9:08 PM
Is it different from what you have now?

Works well in IE, can't see it in NS, just the banners at the top.... not even the forumdisplay.cgi or the threads...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com
Posted By: Dan Flynn Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/21/2000 9:21 PM
That is the code im talking about. It looks different in size on different pages with IE.

I would like it to be consistant on all pages. The worst is when you view a post. It runs off the right side. I need to get them to be the same and not run off the right side and look good on smaller screens.

Also like you said Netscape will not view it at all. Any suggestion. I am far from a HTML expert. But pretty good at altering stuff.

------------------
Dan Flynn
www.powerwash.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi
Posted By: Dan Flynn Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/21/2000 9:50 PM
I took the nav bar code out for now. My visitors were complaining about the Netscape thing.

I will email it to you

------------------

Posted By: AllenAyres Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/21/2000 9:56 PM
make your mai overall table 100% wide and make the left column a fixed width (like 130 or so)... it will keep your nav the same... and let the rest of your site resize depending on the screen size...

let me know if I can help anymore... there must be some strange table stuff in there for it to not show up in NS, I see it when I view source, just doesn't present itself on screen...

------------------
Allen

Posted By: Dan Flynn Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/21/2000 10:21 PM
H'mmm I will see if I can figure that out.

any other idea's from you or anyone who reads this are very welcome. I will update you later.

Keep up the great work. Looking forword to all the new stuff here.

Thank

------------------
Dan Flynn
www.powerwash.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/21/2000 10:48 PM
I cleaned your code up and sent it back, but I see now that it works in NS... good deal.

Let me know if you need any more help...

------------------
Allen

Posted By: Dan Flynn Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/23/2000 12:20 AM
Thanks a lot Allen, Very nice job.

2 questions. It works with Netscape now but, only on the main page and when I click through to a board. But when I click on a post I only see the banners on top and not the post or table the post should be in. Viewing the source, the code and post is there just not visible, Seems weird.

Also I notice that you moved my two link on the nav bar closer. How did you do that. For some reason, when I type in a text link it double spaces when I hit enter. Some how you have the links one line after the other?

Thanks in advance for anymore help. [Linked Image]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dan Flynn on July 22, 2000]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: First Thank You / Second HELP - 07/24/2000 9:23 PM
The difference in spacing is the difference between a
tag and a

tag... I really don't know about the NS issue.. has it cleared up for you? The thread should be built based on the same info the covers your ultimate.cgi and your forumdisplay.cgi... if they display ok, the others should also... you might want to look for a missig or something... sorry...

------------------
Allen

© UBB.Developers