UBB.Dev
Posted By: joebagodonuts trouble with tribbles, err NS table - 09/12/2000 6:51 PM
Trying to make my board cross-browser. One element thing I can't get to work right in NS tho' ... Better visual of the below here .

ReplywQuote: Working from the visual above, click the replywquote. See how out of whack the table is? I, earlier, tinkered w/replyform and got the replywquote to display correctly, but that, in-turn, put the replyform out of whack in the same way.

I've been very successful so far in making my board cross-browser by finding the right place to put the , or , 'cept the above has got me stumped, ACK! Any clues as to what sub routine to look in?

Disclaimer: This post is NOT intended to get into the browser wars -- just trying to learn, while at the same time making cross-browser.

[Linked Image] ~Deb~

JR

------------------
Webmaster
http://www.izmirhigh.com/index.shtml
http://home.flash.net/~murgnam/

[This message has been edited by joebagodonuts (edited September 12, 2000).]
Posted By: Deb Re: trouble with tribbles, err NS table - 09/12/2000 11:46 PM
LOL.... JR, SOMEone's gotta do the dirty work! [Linked Image] But... I don't see a problem when I hit reply or reply with quote in NS. Did you fix it yourself or... can you explain just a bit better? (pssst... what version NS are you viewing in? I'm using 4.5)

(the only tiny problem I noticed was the next, top, previous gifs. The background there is a little off.)

Your board is lookin' good! [Linked Image]
Posted By: joebagodonuts Re: trouble with tribbles, err NS table - 09/13/2000 12:31 AM
I'm using 4.6 and when I look at the aforementioned "Testing" topic on my Chalkboard forum, using "replywquote", the outside right border of the table (frame if you will) is not attached, shocked . It's fine if you try to reply, just the replywquote that's askew. So what routine (where does the /table go) to fix the border on replywquote "w/o" affecting the reply form?

So far as the prev/next background, yes, I know, but that was down a little further on my to do list, [Linked Image]

So far as yr last comment, THANK YOU, I need that vote of confidence! I'm not ready to submit for the contest yet, 'til I'm completely satisfied with the cross-browser part tho, [Linked Image]

JR
Posted By: Deb Re: trouble with tribbles, err NS table - 09/13/2000 12:00 PM
JR, try changing your footer text to this:

Code
code:

I hope it works for you. [Linked Image]

PS. There are nonbreaking spaces between the 2 sets of td tags.
Posted By: Deb Re: trouble with tribbles, err NS table - 09/13/2000 2:22 PM
JR, I installed the header/footer hack this morning and it works flawlessly. Threads update without any problem at all. I'd recommend rechecking the header/footer code you added to make sure you didn't miss adding something to one of the files. Otherwise I'll catch you later. [Linked Image]
© UBB.Developers