UBB.Dev
Posted By: charliealpha Moving stuff around. - 01/05/2001 2:39 PM
If you take a look at my board here http://hosted.barrysworld.net/charliealpha/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true I was wondering how I move the profile and register gubbins so it sits just above the registered users total. Is that a header thing or something to do with the cgi? I also would like to get rid of the board title but I lose the HTML page name then.

TIA

------------------
ChArLiEaLpHa
slacker type bloke
charlieFM
Posted By: Jamin Re: Moving stuff around. - 01/05/2001 5:24 PM
That is done through the CGI files. That little line of links is spread out in about a half dozen places throughout them. As such, it's a bit hard to tell you how to do it exactly. The files you should need are Ultimate.cgi, ubb_library2.pl, forumdisplay.cgi, ubbmisc.cgi (maybe), and ubb_library.pl (maybe). Just search for the link titles inside those files. You will be able to see where it creates the links (should be something like $RegisterLink $SearchLink etc.), and you can just move those variables down to where you want them. Hope this helps.

---Skorpion

------------------

strategery.
dignitude.
lockbox.

Posted By: charliealpha Re: Moving stuff around. - 01/05/2001 8:01 PM
Had a look and dunno what the hell I'm looking at. Is there a hack for this?

------------------
ChArLiEaLpHa
slacker type bloke
charlieFM
Posted By: charliealpha Re: Moving stuff around. - 01/05/2001 10:23 PM
Never mind [Linked Image] Sorted it out. I did have to go through all them files and when you look closely it actually has the HTMML sections marked out. Took a few hours but check it out: http://hosted.barrysworld.net/charliealpha/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi its coming along nicely [Linked Image]

------------------
ChArLiEaLpHa
slacker type bloke
charlieFM
Posted By: charliealpha Re: Moving stuff around. - 01/05/2001 10:30 PM
One other question though: where do I find the line to delete the graphic on the reply and new topic pages? I already have a graphic at the top of the page and having 2 makes it look weird.

------------------
ChArLiEaLpHa
slacker type bloke
charlieFM
Posted By: charliealpha Re: Moving stuff around. - 01/05/2001 10:37 PM
found it.

postings.cgi [Linked Image]

------------------
ChArLiEaLpHa
slacker type bloke
charlieFM
Posted By: Jamin Re: Moving stuff around. - 01/05/2001 11:43 PM
Charlie, one thing I'd suggest is that you get an Text/HTML editor with color coding, and open your CGI files with that. I use CuteHTML (www.cuteftp.com), and it is usually pretty apparent where the HTML sections are, because a lot of them end up being in a different color. So they stand out easily. That's my way of choice, anyway.

---Skorpion

------------------

strategery.
dignitude.
lockbox.

Posted By: charliealpha Re: Moving stuff around. - 01/06/2001 2:29 AM
yeah i got Ultraedit which is pretty cool.

------------------
ChArLiEaLpHa
slacker type bloke
charlieFM
© UBB.Developers