UBB.Dev
Posted By: sas Intergration - 04/17/2001 1:50 PM
Can anyone suggest how to intergrate the board into my site I have managed to get the forum listings done as you can see Here But can anyone tell me how to get it to appear like that with each page the forum generates?

Thanks.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Intergration - 04/17/2001 2:16 PM
I can't get onto your site right now for some reason, but judging by the filename, you're not using UBB. I'm sorry, but we don't provide assistance with any products other than UBB.

---Skorpion

[ April 17, 2001 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Skorpion ]
Posted By: sas Re: Intergration - 04/17/2001 2:21 PM
I am using UBB 6.04 the file name is the link to my page! I can get in no trouble, just checked.
Posted By: M2sc-com Re: Intergration - 04/17/2001 2:36 PM
what he has done i am guessing is included UBB into his php page. to change the look of it(i guess you are talking about the layout of UBB itself and if you are this really should be in the template forum) you would have to edit the html snipts in every public_whatever_page.pl what you might like is Compact Headers by Skorpion which would rearange the top part of the UBB and take off that unsightly pic that says forum which would look better with the layout you have on that page and also you might want to think about Compact Footers by Skorpion as well which rearanges the bottom of the UBB and makes it look way better. might want to head over to the templates forum and check out the demo links to those templates.
Posted By: sas Re: Intergration - 04/17/2001 3:01 PM
Yeah i included the link as a PHP include finction, I was just wondering if (and how) I could intergrate the entire forum into my design.

Thanks.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Intergration - 04/17/2001 7:41 PM
Alright, very sorry for misjudging that. I'm at school right now, and I keep getting Novell Borderware errors when I try to access your page. frown When I get home, I'll take a look and see if I can help you.

---Skorpion
Posted By: sas Re: Intergration - 04/17/2001 7:56 PM
Thats okay: never heared of Novell Borderware It's just a HTML page saved in php format using the php include tag smile
I don't know how to do anything more fanciful wink

[ April 17, 2001 12:58 PM: Message edited by: sas ]
Posted By: Jamin Re: Intergration - 04/17/2001 10:54 PM
OK, got home and took a look.

Anyway, Allen wrote a nice fancy design integration tutorial, which can currently be found in the database. Check that, it should have all the information you need. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: sas Re: Intergration - 04/17/2001 11:04 PM
Thank You, is this the page https://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000001 ?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Intergration - 04/17/2001 11:51 PM
Yup, that's it.

---Skorpion
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Intergration - 04/19/2001 8:38 AM
I am updating that for v6 with some screen shots as well... should be simple enough for anybody to follow... smile
Posted By: sas Re: Intergration - 04/19/2001 9:48 AM
Good cause (I have only glanced at it) but i found it hard to understand.
Posted By: fy115 Re: Intergration - 04/29/2001 3:54 PM
Hi,

How did you manage that, with the php tag?
I want to integrate UBB 5.45c with php-nuke.

quote:
Posted By: sas Re: Intergration - 04/29/2001 4:09 PM
use this code
Code
code:

change /home/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi to the absolute path to you're UBB.
Posted By: fy115 Re: Intergration - 04/29/2001 7:09 PM
Thanks for the reply.
This is what i've got. The problem is, it shows the whole code contents on the page.

Might be doing something wrong here. Any suggestions?

// includes the mainfile functions and the header junk
if (!isset($mainfile)) { include("mainfile.php"); }
include("header.php");
?>
include("f:/home/forum/cgi-bin/ultimate.cgi");
?>
include("footer.php");
?>

Code
quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sas:
use this code
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

change /home/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi to the absolute path to you're UBB.
Posted By: sas Re: Intergration - 04/29/2001 7:27 PM
have you saved the page as a php file (The pages you are calling can be saved in any format)

here's another way to do the include (probelly a better way)

Code
code:

If you need any more help just email me.
Posted By: fy115 Re: Intergration - 04/29/2001 7:41 PM
I've tried that either. But no luck.
Posted By: yoeri17 Re: Intergration - 05/02/2001 6:33 PM
I have tried it also but I get this problem:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpinclude() in /home/sites/site31/web/forum.php on line 80"

What did I do wrong??
© UBB.Developers