UBB.Dev
Posted By: smoke_svx "database" section - 04/25/2001 9:44 PM
I was wondering about the "Database" part of this site. When I look at the links for it, it shows up as
https://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

now is this a different board running all together that is able to use the same memberlist? I was wanting to add something similar to this to store Movies, MP3s, Pics, etc. Using a "database" like that seems like a good idea instead of making more forums with no categories (that way users dont see them on the main screen of the message board, as that would clutter up with all those categories) and making links to them for users to follow.

I guess this is also a question and some needed advice on what to do. If you use a different board, isnt that another license?, or should I just do the "no category" forum and point users to that forum through my menu system?

I may have answered my own question by typing this, but I just think I wasnt the only one wondering how that worked.

Eric
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: "database" section - 04/25/2001 10:16 PM
it requires another license if you are gonna use more than one ubb.. the easiest way would be to do the no-category-forum idea and point to it in your navigation - tho this approach doesn't allow you to have different "looks" beyond the header/footer, graphics, and colors... it's up to you depending on your needs, we bought another back before the price increase.

Being able to use the same memberlist is one of the features of ubb, just point your member paths to the same folder. I know a guy running 3 forums on the same member files... they all have to be on the same server tho...
Posted By: smoke_svx Re: "database" section - 04/26/2001 4:15 AM
thanks a bunch! I just wanted to make sure before I tackled another project.
© UBB.Developers