UBB.Dev
Posted By: Soul Survivor header image - 04/15/2002 7:10 PM
for my message boards header, i use a customized graphic.. which was, of course, made a certain size. but not everyone uses the same screen resolution which meant if you were @ something higher than 800x600, the graphic would not be as wide as the rest of the forum. so, i ended up configuring my board to force 700 pixels width. but i know some people don't like that (as lk said 'i have my resolution set higher for a reason; i want to see more'). . so, basically, i'm wondering if there's anything i can do? other than use an image that doesn't fill up the whole width. . ?

thanks in advance!
Posted By: Stilgar Re: header image - 04/15/2002 10:08 PM
One way to make your image expand/contract to different display widths is to put the header logo into a table/cell and also use it as the background of this table/cell. This way if the screen width exceeds the header image, the image will be duplicated and continue on past the original image. Make sence?

I understand that this may not look good with some images, but this is just one way to handle this problem. Sometimes creating an image with a background on each side helps make this work much smoother. smile
© UBB.Developers