UBB.Dev
Posted By: Jamin Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 03/26/2001 4:46 AM
This changes ALL public templates to match the ones I started work on in the Light version. It has been designed for use with UBB 6.03, but can probably be used with others - might require a little of your own editing, though.

Version 1.51 has been released. There are two bug fixes in this: forum_summary and pm_list.

DOWNLOAD (version 1.5- for UBB 6.03+):
http://www.se7enet.com/ubb/index.shtml

DEMO:
http://www.se7enet.com/site/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

---Skorpion

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Skorpion ]
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 03/26/2001 7:06 AM
ok i installed your light version... is there upgrade instructions from that version.... if not could you make some?

Thanks and nice work smile
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 03/26/2001 7:09 AM
To upgrade to Full from the Light version, just follow all the instructions except the ones that pertain to public_forum_page.pl, public_forum_summary.pl, and public_topic_page.pl. You've already done them so there's no need to repeat. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 03/26/2001 7:18 AM
Man this is going to take awhile!
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 03/26/2001 7:20 AM
i got one more question... any way you can use that program that auto installs hackS?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 03/26/2001 8:03 AM
What program? Vinkulum? I didn't know that was finished...

Otherwise, I'm not sure what program you're talking about.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 03/29/2001 3:45 AM
Version 1.2 has been released now. Check the original topic for details. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/08/2001 11:57 PM
1.3 released. Yeah. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: Gandalf Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/10/2001 12:27 AM
OH PANTS !!! I've just spent about 1.5hrs changing all that stuff that u said about in the instructions and, the **** has hit the fan, I keep getting a user permissions error ? check it out http://www.clan-sa80.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: Lionel Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/10/2001 12:48 AM
quote:
Same thing happened to me. And I tried twice. That was on 6.02 before 6.03 came out
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/10/2001 1:06 AM
There was a major error/omission in the documentation for v1.2 of the hack. It basically was missing a character in the instructions for about 8-10 template files. That single character was enough to cause the errors you received.

Really, the best way to fix the problem is to upgrade to UBB 6.03 and use v1.3 of the hack. It's fixed. I used my own instruction sheet and tested it out three or four different times to make sure it worked.

If you absolutely must remain on 6.02, try downloading v1.3 of the hack. You may have to use a little common sense and do some of the finding/replacing without the aid of the auto-finders, as there were several template changes between 6.02 and 6.03. But it is probably still the best way to do it. smile

---Skorpion
Works fine! Thank you! laugh
ups... double post.

[ April 09, 2001: Message edited by: FusionMafia ]
Posted By: M2sc-com Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/15/2001 5:49 AM
I have made a shw file for this so it can be auto-installed and i will but it on my website if Skorpion will let me.

*****THIS TOOK ME FOREVER TO MAKE*****
There is few problems with the version 1.3.. I'm using it on 6.02.
I can't find the Active Topics link anywhere and the table at the top doesn't look good on Netscape 4.7 browsers. Example here
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/17/2001 2:23 PM
M2sc - go ahead and put it on your website, cool with me. smile

FusionMafia, I will check that out tonight and see what the problem is. Thanks for telling me!

---Skorpion
Posted By: M2sc-com Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/17/2001 2:45 PM
ack sorry forgot to test it will when i get home(was beta testing a program and redoing my icq hack) laugh
One more bug: The registeration page is wider than the table width I'm using. I can mail you the link to my page if you want to check it out.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/19/2001 4:48 AM
FusionMafia:
I've looked through the templates, and after trying everything I can think of, for the life of me I simply can't figure out what's wrong in NS4. frown It works fine in Opera, and afaik Opera has one of the strictest HTML interpretations that I know of. This leads me to believe that it is an error with the way NS renders tables.

Oh yeah: post/email a link to that registration page, and I'll take a look for ya. And I will be fixing the active topics link in the next version.

If anyone knows more about the way NS does tables and what the problem could be, I'm open to suggestions. Cuz I can't figure it out.

---Skorpion

[ April 18, 2001 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Skorpion ]
More: My forums don't work anymore in Mac IE5. It only gives the source code, don't know why. I'll e-mail the link.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/21/2001 10:14 PM
I think the registration problem is something you must have done wrong. Looks to me as if it didn't get changed at all. Try redoing the instructions for the registration pages and see if that helps.

As for the Mac/IE5 problem, I don't know how that could be related to my hack. That sounds like an execution error or something. Given the fact that I don't have a mac, I don't even know how to test it either.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Spitz Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/22/2001 4:57 AM
works fine for me... but haven't tried it on netscape cause i dont have it smile
quote:
OK. I'll re-edit the registeration page.
The Mac problem occured right after I installed the hack..
Posted By: Tolitz Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/22/2001 10:08 PM
Hmm, I noticed this just now ... the compact headers full seems to have problems with Netscape 4.7x.

[Linked Image]

It works perfectly with IE 5.5 and Communicator 6.0 ... any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks...

[ April 22, 2001 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Canis Lupus ]
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/22/2001 10:11 PM
Yeah, that got reported earlier.

Check a few replies earlier to see my answer. smile

---Skorpion
What website is this??
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/22/2001 10:48 PM
What website is what?

---Skorpion
The auto installer thingy.
Posted By: kaak Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/24/2001 1:03 AM
hey scorp, i got the active topics in mine if you want to take a look.
http://civ3online.com

just threw in another little table...
Posted By: M2sc-com Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/24/2001 5:36 AM
I have the auto-install file and will upload it to my new server asap, maybe later than it should be cause i am going to setup a shw format database and the format for the new multihack when it comes out of beta if people want.

**200th post**

[ April 24, 2001 08:19 AM: Message edited by: M2sc-com ]
I'm out of date on news. What is this suto installer and where can i get it?
Posted By: Slasher Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/24/2001 8:55 PM
Here you go.
Posted By: Tolitz Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/25/2001 9:18 PM
quote:
Well I dunno if you already incorporated a fix for the "netscape problem" I had with the tables, but I found out what was wrong.

I knew the HTML looked funny. You specified in the line under the first TBT in the template files:

The colspan tag was outta whack. It should have been:

And it worked properly in Netscape. You may wanna redocument your template hack for the benefit of netscape users.

If you already spotted this and updated your documentation, then disregard this post. And good work on the hack wink
Posted By: Tolitz Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/25/2001 10:05 PM
Okay, here's an addendum:

I may be wrong, but to fix the table problem for Netscape in the header, change instances of this line:

to this:

These instances are in the following files:

public_common.pl
public_edit_post.pl
public_forum_page.pl
public_forum_summary.pl
public_login.pl
public_move_topic.pl
public_new_reply_form.pl
public_new_topic_form.pl
public_pm_form.pl
public_topic_page.pl
public_ubb_friend.pl

My board has now become Netscape compatible after this small modification, so make sure to update the documentation Skorpion, unless someone has any further problems with it...
Posted By: Zbud Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/28/2001 9:19 PM
Excellent mod Skorpion!

I am having just 2 minor problems with it. Why does the topic title text come up in blue for all forums?

The Ubb Email a friend comes up twice:

[Linked Image]

My board: http://www.zbud.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Thanks in advance!

[ April 28, 2001 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Zbud ]
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 04/28/2001 10:15 PM
Canis, I tried that awhile back, and it didn't seem to work. So I wasn't going to do anything with it.

I will add it into the next release tho, just in case it does work and it just wasn't showing up when I tested it or something. I'm not actively developing this hack anymore, so the next release will probably be just that little bug fix and adding in the active topics links. I have Prom tonight, but maybe tomorrow if I get time I'll update it.

ZBud, I will look at that more in-depth as soon as i get time, and see if I can figure out what the problem is. I'll either tell you how to fix it, or it will be in the next release. smile

Thanks for the reports, guys... sorry I'm draggin my feet on this. laugh

---Skorpion
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/04/2001 3:35 AM
Version 1.4 Final has been released. As always, see the original topic for details. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: acidbox Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/04/2001 7:44 PM
does this "header" hack modify the footer as well? I think the footer looks very cool, and would like to modify mine too. Hopefully this hack includes both wink
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/04/2001 8:01 PM
Um... this one only modifies the headers. Which is why it's called Compact Headers. wink I have also released one called Compact Footers, which does what you're wanting. Look a little ways down the topic list in this forum for it. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: acidbox Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/04/2001 8:34 PM
LoL!.. thanks..
Posted By: acidbox Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/06/2001 9:48 PM
Installed the hack (took all day) and it works ok. The only problem is that it doesn't work with Jigga Master's Active Topics hack. I think, perhaps, your code was based on the original active topics that comes with UBB, and now, when I click active topics it says, "You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist." eek
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/06/2001 10:04 PM
Um, yeah, it was written from a stock UBB. Most mods are written from stock UBBs. If I would have done it with JM's hack, then a whole 'nother faction of people wouldn't have been able to use it because they wouldn't have had that hack installed.

If you want to use it with JM's hack, just figure out where his link takes you to and substitute it into that link in the hack.

---Skorpion
Posted By: acidbox Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/07/2001 4:33 AM
Thanks, I'm doing that now. Also doing it for "Who's Online". wink
Posted By: Slasher Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/13/2001 3:24 PM
I've updated my 1.3 to 1.4 and still have the same problem as described by Zbud. But I also have got the prev/next buttons double smile. Do you already have got a fix for it?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/13/2001 5:00 PM
Whoops, forgot about those bugs. They don't show up on my board, afaik. I'll look into it and see if I can get it fixed asap.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Slasher Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/13/2001 6:14 PM
Great thanks wink
Posted By: MrBill Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/14/2001 10:51 AM
Hey Skorp. I'm still using 1.3. I just like that a little better. But I have made it work for who's on line mod. If any one is interested let me know.
Example: http://www.teamd86.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=whos_online
Posted By: acidbox Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/15/2001 7:47 AM
Would it be possible to use SSI in the headers? I am just wondering if CGI can interpret this correctly. It would be nice to update one file and have it do ALL your headers.....

cool
Posted By: acidbox Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/15/2001 7:48 AM
Bill, I would like to see it, please post it ..... Thanks!@ wink
Posted By: MrBill Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/15/2001 11:04 AM
Ok. ubb_whos_online.cgi

Replace this:
quote:
With This:
quote:
Posted By: acidbox Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/15/2001 9:48 PM
Thanks bill! eek
Posted By: Slasher Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/17/2001 7:30 PM
Any progress on the bug fixes, Skorpion?
Posted By: indoe Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/17/2001 9:41 PM
how can i put this in who online?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/18/2001 12:11 AM
Indoe: read the last post on page two of this thread.

Slasher: I can't figure out why yours is doing that. From a code standpoint, as far as I can tell there isn't anything in the mod that is making that show up twice. The original code is removed, and the new modded code is added back in. So there shoudl only be one copy of that in the template. I've gone through like a half dozen different installs of the hack in various configurations, and none of them yielded the duplicate line.

Open your public_topic_page.pl template, and look and see if $ubb_friend_on is in the file twice. If it is, remove the table that contains the first one.

I really don't know what the problem is.

---Skorpion
Posted By: indoe Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/18/2001 12:22 AM
Posted By: Slasher Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/18/2001 3:54 PM
Thanks, i've fixed it. Guess I've missed an update instructions or something. Thanks for your time.
Posted By: Rob Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/20/2001 10:58 PM
I am not sure but this was a small bug i found.

in public_forum_page.pl

find:

and change it to:

I noticed that in the forum page where it lists topics it was the wrong color. But just a minor fix. It might have been found and changed but i just put it up anyways.
Posted By: MrBill Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/21/2001 8:50 AM
All depends on your taste, and how you want to have your forum look.
Posted By: celtic Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/22/2001 2:45 AM
i just wanted to say thank your for all your effort.. i really like the chances of your modifications.. thx man.. wink

celtic
Posted By: SK8285 Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/30/2001 5:55 PM
anyone know how to edit the whos online files so that it would look like a the headers full hack for the rest of the files
Hey Skorpion! I was wondering if it would be aight to modify some of the code on this modification so I can fit it into the design of my site and board.

Thanks
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/30/2001 8:43 PM
Oh sure, you can modify it all you want for your own board. Mr Bill did a bunch of stuff like that. You just can't republish/repost it and call it your own work.

---Skorpion
Aight...kewl .. i didnt know cause when i was reading how jigga use durs and modified it and u got mad.. but im not sure if i read it write
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 05/30/2001 11:04 PM
The thing about that was, they modified it and then posted it again w/o my permission, if I remember the incident correctly. That's just not cricket. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/05/2001 8:31 AM
whats the url to 1.3? soo i can upgrade! like it says in the upgrade instrucions... i cant upgrade unlessi have 1.3 to compare
Just so you know the code for Who's Online to work with CHF works with the latest version of Who's Online smile
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/05/2001 8:47 PM
1.3 was lost when I switched servers. All I had was the most recent version. Sorry.

And just for everyone's info, I plan to release another little bitty update sometime soon, with instructions for applying CHF into several of the popular mods. Currently plans are for Who's Online, Active Topics, and Memberlist. Any others that you would like to request, please feel free.

---Skorpion
Great a new version is out..!! I was away a long time.
Can I use it with my UBB 6.02?
Posted By: indoe Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/06/2001 6:19 PM
How can I add this to Sticky Threads, Copy Post Hack Beta 2?

I try and I just mess it all up can you help me? laugh
Yes, skorp please add this in your new version .. sticky threads cause my board is a bit outta place when I go to set that on the post smile
Posted By: invictus Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/07/2001 12:07 PM
quote:

k...i have been reading, downloading, in and un stalling and starting from the floor for 6 weeks about. this modification seems to be the most sensible, realistic and complete with regards to the needs of my community...

however, if i were granted my very own modification wish...

[LIST]
[*]+ catagorical navigation
re:https://ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=26&t=000100
*this would replace regged member total and
welcome "new member" (subtle eh?)

[*]+color changes w/mouseover(?)
(or is included?)

[*]drop down moderators
( i cannot find it again but have it if you need it smile

[*]sticky note please

[*]admin/modcan post html/image in sig

[*]remove member number under posts

[*]mods show in all forums

[*]custom titles (this is not a priority)

[*]active topics off please (cp option)

[*]no member list available to members

[*]who's online off please *or* cp option

[*]set user permissions per catagory

[*]execute instant grimlins (please)

i did look and tried a few combinations.
this type of thing does not come easily to me and the simplest modification takes me a very long time...frustrating.

i downloaded 2 different hack/script install thingies...i love the concept. however to utilize the app to it's full capabilties, i believe it wants a .shw or mh(x)file extension...

this will no doubt sound incredibly lazy but
is there any way at all...(wish) that you could export the finished product in either/both file extensions?
would make this girl so happy if you were able to...(insert lots of wishes here)

thank you for your time and talents

peace.

[ June 07, 2001 05:10 AM: Message edited by: invictus ]
Posted By: Sinema Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/07/2001 10:21 PM
Oops this question was already asked

[ June 07, 2001 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Sinema ]
Posted By: G5 Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/08/2001 12:13 AM
*bug fix for buddy list and ignor list*

I removed the code to make the tables fit on the page again. This fix has been incorporated into the latest release of the hack. Thanks much for the report! ---Skorpion

someone check me here in case i made a mistake. hope this helps some people.

[ June 07, 2001 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Skorpion ]
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/08/2001 7:09 AM
Version 1.5 has been released. As always, look at the original topic.

Also, here's something a lot of you may be quite interested in!!! I included not only links to the instructions, but also a link to a zip file containg ALL MODIFIED TEMPLATE FILES!!! No need to hack them yourself anymore!!!

Unfortunately, I was unable to include support for the major mods in this release like I'd originally planned. I will release an update to this soon that will include instructions for changing the requested hacks.

---Skorpion
Posted By: invictus Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/08/2001 12:15 PM
oh, i cannot tell you how huge you made my heart smile. you wonderfully sweet considerate babe...thank you so much for that. i am wow.

damn baby i really hope you get some of this good stuff back.

so sweet
My board worked fine after Iuninstalled the Compact headers 1.2. No the new version 1.4 works OK but it still doesn't work on IE5 & Mac combination. It just gives the source code to user. Is this fixed in the version 1.5?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/08/2001 4:47 PM
I don't know why it's doing that to you, Fusion. I've seen my hack on Mac IE5, and it works fine for me. Saw v1.4, at least... And there are only two code changes between 1.4 and 1.5, so I can't see how it would be any different.

Try installing a new test board and copying all the template files from the full distribution that I provided, and see if it works.

---Skorpion
Skorp did you get Sticky Threads as my request ..?
quote:
OK. Then it has to be one of the other hacks conflicting with the Compact Headers hack. It worked fine before.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/08/2001 8:34 PM
Tech: Yes, I got it. It has been added to the list. smile

Fusion: I can't remember, what exactly is the problem you're having? Are you getting a blank white page with, like, actual CGI code? Or is it a regular UBB page with HTML code shown on the page where the headers normally would be? What kind of server are you running? On my Win2K box, I would get the white code page if I didn't have ActivePerl mapped to the directory properly... if you're running NT/2k and IIS, you may want to ensure Perl is correctly mapped to the location or something... because that has been the only time I've been able to get a white code page. Though if it was running correctly before, I don't know why just adding my (or whatever other) hack would cause the problem.

I don't know how many hacks you've installed on your UBB, but would it be at all possible for you to restart from the ground up completely? At least start a new test board or something - make sure it works, then copy my Compact Templates into the directory, ensure that it still works, then start adding hacks until one of them breaks it.

---Skorpion
Posted By: indoe Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/09/2001 4:20 AM
how about copy post mod?

btw: Can you make a MultiHack scrip I hate upgrading frown if you cant it cool thx for all your hard work laugh

[ June 08, 2001 09:24 PM: Message edited by: indoe ]
quote:

I don't have a Mac so it is difficult for me to test it. It gives a white page with the html code only. My site is on a Unix server.
The problem is not so big I want to stress about it... If someone is stupid enough to try a Microsoft products in their Macs then let them be... wink
Posted By: SK8285 Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/10/2001 4:57 AM
ok i have one question .. i recently installed the memberlists hack. usually i am suppose to see "memberlist" in the
"my profile | register | search | faq | forum home"

but it doesnt appear there
i installed the compact headers full and i think this might have something to do with it.. anyone know how to fix this?
-----------------------------------------
never mind i fixed it (forgot to update the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file)

[ June 09, 2001 10:09 PM: Message edited by: SK8285 ]
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/10/2001 5:55 AM
Did you add the memberlist link to $MainButtons in ubb_lib.pl?

Compact Headers uses that variable, so as long as the link is included in that line, it should appear normally in CH.

---Skorpion
yea tho i have a question skorp .. how come you didnt do that for active topics instead adding the extra code for each templat efile .. just something i wondered
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/10/2001 6:14 PM
I probably should have done that, I just didn't think about it when I put it in there. shocked smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: invictus Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/10/2001 11:02 PM
woo hoo this was so easy to do...

worked sweet!!!!
Posted By: Loki Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/14/2001 7:06 AM
let me know if this correct:

File: public_topic_page.pl

this is the replace text
quote:
what is did was try to add the rate topic to it

[ June 14, 2001 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Loki ]
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/14/2001 7:22 AM
I don't remember how Rate Topic works exactly, but what you've got right now is the rating options in the same dropdown box as the Hop To options. I would venture a guess that that isn't correct.

I haven't had any experience with Rate Topic, so I can't tell you what to do. Just try it and see if it works correctly, I guess.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Loki Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/14/2001 3:13 PM
Wrong thread Sorry

[ June 14, 2001 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Loki ]
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/16/2001 7:32 PM
ok one little quesion!
on the public_topic_page i get this using netscape

[Linked Image]

my code is
Code
code:

what should i change ?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/16/2001 9:17 PM
Change to .

That was fixed a long time ago, in probably v1.3 or 1.4, I think.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/16/2001 9:32 PM
ah i did that and i still get the problem! and i cleared cache and every thing
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/17/2001 5:27 AM
Download the template distribution file and replace your public_topic_page.pl file with the one included in that zip. If that doesn't fix it, I have no clue.

When I first tried the fix after it was suggested here, it didn't work for me either. Then it just started working for some reason. I have no idea why.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/19/2001 7:53 AM
i want to take the hopto box out! what do i change? and also how do i fix that long table that expands that has the folder images in it?
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/19/2001 8:02 AM
also! the my profile page is messed up! i just did a clean install and the top table expands all the way around the page
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/19/2001 8:04 AM
same thing with the login page, registration page and search page
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/19/2001 4:31 PM
Did you download the template distribution file? It comes with a version that doesn't have the Hop To box, and I am 99% sure that there are no hacking mistakes at all in it.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/19/2001 11:24 PM
yes i did download the file and uploaded them and i am ussig 6.04f
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/19/2001 11:28 PM
its working now! weird
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/20/2001 12:23 AM
ok every thing is working now! but the hop to boxes are there! how do i get rid of these? and yes they are in your template files that were downloaded
Posted By: indoe Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/21/2001 7:57 AM
dose the pre hack file work with Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04f?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/21/2001 4:15 PM
It was made with templates from UBB™ 6.04f. So it better! laugh

---Skorpion
Posted By: indoe Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/21/2001 7:15 PM
thx smile
Skorpion, hope you would help me, i just want to remove the banner icon and the links on the pages, i've already added my custom header, heres my link http://aandbanks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
how would i go on to do that?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/25/2001 11:38 PM
For right now, search the Design Integration forum for posts about removing the logo and the link line. Either that, or just install Compact Headers. smile If you want this done asap, you'll have to do a little work yourself.

I have plans for an upcoming tutorial about how to do what you asked, as well as several other things that get asked about frequently around here. So you'll have to wait for next month if you want the instructions handed to you on a plate. smile

---Skorpion
well i think i'm goin' ta hafta wait becuz i just started messing around wit UBB last week, i still ain't too familiar wit these scripts and stuff, thanx anyways
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/26/2001 8:29 AM
will these be created with ubb605?
Posted By: indoe Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/26/2001 4:45 PM
i see you got Compact Headers for memberlist at se7enet how about hooking us up laugh
I"M GOIN" CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

i don't know whut i'm doin wrong, i've followed the instructions, didn't work, i uploaded all the files, still didn't work, what am i doin' wrong???? i'm running 6.0, is it able to do this, i'm so frustrated, please help!

http://aandbanks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
heres the link to my board, what am i doin wrong? i wanna leave the top you see and remove the small banner and the links, please help
Posted By: Bookie Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/26/2001 7:50 PM
go to your ubb control panel and clear the cache
alraight, thank god...or thank yall, its done, now theres somthing else, my ubb title comes up on the top in yellow, how do i remove that???

board
http://aandbanks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/27/2001 2:22 AM
Why are you still using version 6.0 if you just started with it last week? You should really consider upgrading... LOTS of big security flaws have been fixed since 6.0.

---Skorpion
Posted By: sQuiDz Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/27/2001 1:49 PM
I've tried this three times no, and I can't seem to get it to work. uploaded all the files, cleared my cache, and my board looks exactly the same. frown
Posted By: York1 Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/27/2001 2:36 PM
After I installed the compact header templates I can no longer move a topic Gives me an invalid format error
I can delete and lock with no problem
It started right after I uploaded the new termplates
Posted By: indoe Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 06/27/2001 3:02 PM
quote:
I fix it laugh

[ June 27, 2001 09:21 AM: Message edited by: indoe ]
Skorpion, i been had this for a while now, first week i bought it i worked with it for about 3 days, by the time i started using it again my liscence member area expired, i don't have the loot right now thats why i'm tryin' ta get from this
Just installed these on a client's site Skorp... real nice ..:)
Posted By: SK8285 Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/12/2001 2:48 PM
Allen why not make this template a standard template for release with ubbs if thats ok with Skorpion
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/12/2001 3:57 PM
Heh. Allen is not the person to talk about standard UBB code. Navaho or Charles Capps are the ones you want to talk to about that. And the VAST majority of stuff doesn't get added, no matter how much you beg and plead. Infopop isn't quite like the vBulletin types that add every hack they can find and call it a "feature". So I doubt they'll be interested in my hack...

Glad you (or your client) liked it, Allen. laugh

---Skorpion
Posted By: Savage Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/12/2001 11:44 PM
1 small question... can i also use the template files for version 6.05?

Maybe i need to explain a bit more lol... the ones in the first post of this thread... they were from 6.04f right? Are those of 6.05 really different or can i still use these?

[ July 12, 2001 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Savage ]
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/12/2001 11:47 PM
Yes. I do. smile

---Skorpion
I used them on a 6.05 site...
Posted By: Savage Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/13/2001 3:43 AM
wow... 2 replies in such a short time *isinshock*

Anyways... thanx to the both of you laugh
It saves me a lot of work, cuz i am awfully slow at search / copy / paste wink
Posted By: ZoneX Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/13/2001 9:53 PM
If anyone has the zip of pre-hacked files, can they e-mail them to [email protected] or EVEN BETTER, upload them to another site where I can download them, 'cos Skorp's site is giving a 500 error.

Thanks. smile
Posted By: certify Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/14/2001 4:34 PM
How can I get it to work with WOL my testpage shows nothing. frown

http://www.certifyexpress.com/testing1.shtml
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/14/2001 6:05 PM
ZoneX: I already sent you the email.

Certify: Did you put the WoL SSI pull in your test page too? The CH SSI doesn't actually display WoL, it just tells WoL where you are.

---Skorpion
Posted By: certify Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/16/2001 4:36 AM
Is this the line??

quote:
How did you managed to get the WOL in the Compact Header? Do you mind to share the way you do it?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/16/2001 4:42 AM
From the Who's Online readme:
quote:
smile

---Skorpion

[ July 15, 2001 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Skorpion ]
Posted By: certify Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/16/2001 5:39 AM
Thanks Scorpion. wink

I feel like an idiot.. How stupid of me... laugh
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/16/2001 9:12 AM
i have the edited file for 605 would you like these? they have nothing else done to them just the compact footers and headers
Posted By: certify Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/16/2001 10:20 AM
quote:
Yes I would like them. Can you sent to me at [email protected]

Thanks. smile
Posted By: MrBill Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/16/2001 7:43 PM
Well, I installed the full version, by using the pre-done templetes. The look great, but when I try to move a thread, I get an error meesage saying invalid format. I'm using 6.05, that could be the problem.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/16/2001 7:52 PM
You got that too, huh? I figured that was due to one of the other hacks I'd applied to my board - cal's Move Notification thing was what i was thinking. But if you're getting it too, I'll look into it. Could be the POST vs. GET issue... Was CH the only thing you'd changed on that board?

BTW to all, Compact Headers is due for a rewrite as soon as 6.1 comes out. It will probably still look the same or very similar, but I will be rewriting it entirely. Currently I'm planning on fixing that stupid Active Topics link and making it the way it should have been made originally, as well as going for perfect HTML 4.01 or XHTML 1.0 validation. If anyone has any other suggestions for inclusion in Compact Headers 2.0, please feel free to reply to this post and lemme know. smile

---Skorpion
You can use anything from my site.

http://board.stonecrick.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

I modified it some don't know if you like anything for the compact headers.
Posted By: [[deano]] Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/17/2001 12:56 AM
I hope this hasnt been covered already but i made an effort to read all 6 pages only my eyes are hurting.

ok so great work on the mod but ive got a problem im guessing that the two "panels" should be on top of one another the "newtopic" and the "legend"
the pic should make more sense.

[Linked Image]

its even more of a problem because on my webby i have the forum in a smaller frame.

any help greatfully recieved.
cheers.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/17/2001 1:53 AM
Actually, FYI, that's Compact Footers, not Headers... But since you prolly got it from the template distribution file, I'll cut ya some slack. wink

The problem is your wordlets are too long. Those cells have been set to not wrap to keep their vertical size correct. But when you've got big long wordlets that aren't allowed to wrap down to another line, the table just has to stretch wider. You can either make the wordlets for those particular elements shorter yourself. Or if you go to the Compact Footers thread and download it's hacking instructions (not the template distribution file), and that has some suggestions for wordlets at the bottom of it.

---Skorpion
quote:
css support...:D you thinking what I'm thinkin? besides, would help with download speed and bandwidth usage...
Posted By: MrBill Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/17/2001 10:01 AM
Skorp, since I went to 6.05, my board is clean, no installed hacks. So it's something with the change in 6.05. When I put back original templetes then there's no problem moving threads. If I started adding hacks now, I'd just have to start all over again when 6.1 comes out. LoL. Sometimes I just get lazy.
yeah soz bout wrong topic, works fine now cheers very much. laugh
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/17/2001 5:14 PM
Allen: CSS sounds great! As soon as 6.1 comes out, and I've got this nice set of CSS/XHTML templates to work with, I will start work... wink

MrBill: I'm kinda the same way you are... 6.1 is coming out soon, and I'm rather apathetic about any new hacks right now. I'll look at the template when I get home and see if I figure out what the deal is, though, and mebbe post a really quick update before once again calling it final and waiting for 6.1 so I can begin work on 2.0.. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: MrBill Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/17/2001 6:08 PM
Hey Skorp, I just stopped by and looked at your UBB. Wow!!! Great modification. smile
Fix for "move" bug ::

In public_move_topic.pl

FIND::

REPLACE WITH::

hope that helped...

Found another one:

In public_my_profile.pl

FIND::

REPLACE WITH::

That should be all...
Posted By: certify Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/18/2001 6:20 AM
quote:
Return to the referrer if they login from any HTML page.
Posted By: MrBill Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/18/2001 10:26 AM
Thanks Allen, that did it. Threads can be moved and deleted with no problem. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/18/2001 4:04 PM
Thanks Allen! I'll fix that in the .zips as soon as I get home. laugh

Certify: That's more of a suggestion for the SSI Headers/Footers, not this hack. And it's been on my list of things to do for awhile already anyway. But I'll keep it in mind, thanks. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: certify Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/18/2001 6:30 PM
Thanks Scorpion. smile

By the way how do you remove the CertifyExpress line? Right on top of the You are not logged in. Login or Register line.

And also the CertifyExpress ยป home line.

Here is my testpage.
http://www.certifyexpress.com/anothertest.shtml

[ July 18, 2001 11:31 AM: Message edited by: certify ]
Posted By: Paulyp Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/19/2001 4:20 AM
nice hack m8 love it!

prob i have is i only want to use the custom footers and not headers so what files in the .zip are just to change the footers as i got the combined zip and can't find the just footers 1!

thx m8 and great job!
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/19/2001 7:53 AM
If you want only Compact Footers, you'll have to download the hacking instructions and hack it yourself. Look for the Compact Footers Version 1.21 thread in this forum for instructions on that. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: certify Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/19/2001 8:18 AM
quote:
Any help on this, please.
Posted By: certify Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 07/19/2001 9:02 AM
No sweat i have found it. smile
Posted By: hellhound Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 08/06/2001 12:14 AM
link is down frown
quote:

smile
please some one
upload this hack to your website
.. please i want ot download ! THX!
quote:
I am sure Skorpion's site will be back up real soon. Be patient.

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]
ok ok ...
i just ask ! smile )
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 08/07/2001 2:05 AM
PM me with your email address, and I'll send the file to you from one of my backup email addresses. smile

---Skorpion
i` pm`s u )))
but u dont still online )Unread by Recipient
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 08/09/2001 2:18 AM
OK... here's the deals...

FINALLY, I got around to adding Allen's fix for the moving topic thing. Thanks much to Allen for that, and sorry it took me so long to get around to it. So the hack has now been updated to version 1.51 Final.

Also, to those who've had problems, I've uploaded the Compact Templates distribution to my Modspace, which is hosted on the UBBDev server, so you can download it normally. The actual instructions for hacking yourself are still on Se7enet, though. And they're stuck there; I did happen to have a copy of the distribution file on my own computer, so I was able to arrange this mirror. But I didn't have the instruction file, and due to Code Red, I'm stuck out of my own server. So you'll all just have to do with the distribution file for now.

Email or PM me privately if you are unable to access the Se7enet server.

---Skorpion

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Skorpion ]
In the file compact header light, you never mention anything about "public_common.pl". My register, my profile, search, faq, etc. still have the same headers as before. The others parts of the board has been changed (header). What should I change in public_common.pl to make it look like the rest of the board? Thanks.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 08/14/2001 10:58 PM
Compact Headers Light was a quick and painless hack that I threw out there for lazy people. It's made to change the three main views. Now that I'm allowed to distribute the actual template files, it is my reasoning that the lazy people who were too lazy to hack the whole thing themselves and felt they needed the Light version, can now be even more lazy by not hacking *anything*. As such, I'm not really supporting the Light version anymore. Which is why I closed the thread.

The reason the Light version doesn't change public_common is because the public_common change by itself is incomplete. If you hack public_common, you MUST hack all the rest of the templates, otherwise table tags won't get closed and the whole page will look screwed up.

---Skorpion
Posted By: import Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 09/22/2001 3:12 AM
Skorpion.. please help.. how do i customize the hack for Calendar? confused
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 09/22/2001 8:14 PM
I'm sorry, but I've decided that due to time restraints and a general disinterest, I will not be doing any conversion for any other mods. If I help you, I'll have to help every other joe schmoe that asks about every single other mod out there, so I just don't do it period. The ONLY exceptions to this will be on mods that I've already converted for my own board, where i can just copy/paste my already-done hacking. And as you can see, my board right now is pretty hack-free, so you can see where that avenue is going... :rolleyes:

If you want the CH style in any other mods, you'll have to do it yourself. It probably isn't really that hard if you know HTML and the way UBB variables work.

---Skorpion
Posted By: import Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 09/23/2001 4:56 AM
ok..i guess thats it, is there any one else out there that has done this for calander?
Posted By: import Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 09/23/2001 5:25 AM
OK i did it, if any one esle needs here it is!! I Took Skorpions advice it it turn out alright,...thanks Skorpion!!

######## IN public_calendar_display.pl

#######FIND

# standard top of HTML page
print "$Header";
print "
$standard_title_table
";

# name of this month and TBT

print qq~

$thismonth $yeartem

$TBT

»
$show_logout

$vars_config{BBName} »
$vars_wordlets_calendar{calendar}

$TBB

~;

#######REPLACE WITH

# standard top of HTML page
print "$Header";
print "
$standard_title_table
";

# name of this month and TBT

print qq~

$vars_config{BBName} »
$vars_wordlets_calendar{calendar}

$TBB

$thismonth $yeartem

~;

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: import ]

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: import ]
I'd like to use this, along with many of the other hacks/templates I've seen, but many of them have been dealing with .pl files, which I don't have. All my UBB files are .cgi, how can I do this with those files?
Posted By: trunkx Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 10/16/2001 8:38 PM
go into the ubb folder, then into templetes, those are your .pl files. good luck laugh
Posted By: Caspe7 Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 10/25/2001 9:26 PM
I need help getting in.. I don't understand how to find the usr & pwd.

quote:

For the user name I'm putting in the 2nd to last word but since it has not worked, I put in the last word before the number.. thinking maybe you incuded the number as a word.

for the password I tryed the last word in the sentence and also the last word before the comma, and even the last word of the pharagrh, and still i have no luck getting in. If someone could help me in what I'm doing wrong/finding wrong.. please say so..
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 10/25/2001 10:19 PM
The content of the Members Area has changed since they redid everything last Friday. Thus, the stuff I'm having you find is no longer there. I will be fixing this shortly.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Caspe7 Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 10/25/2001 10:45 PM
ok, thank you. Can't wait to add this smile
Posted By: conniew Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 11/12/2001 2:04 PM
Does anyone know if this hack is compatible with version 6.1.0.2 ?
Posted By: Manik Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 11/13/2001 6:06 PM
straight from the creators fingers:

quote:
Posted By: Jamin Re: Compact Headers Full - version 1.5 Final - 11/13/2001 11:46 PM
Manik - that was referring to the Compact Headers 2.0 Beta (aka CH2). To my knowledge, v1.5 will not work on any 6.1 version - it was designed for 6.0x only. CH2 was specifically rewritten for use with 6.1, though it's a little outdated now.

For a version that (in theory) works with 6.1, click here .

smile

---Skorpion
© UBB.Developers