UBB.Dev
Posted By: FAT B0Y Referrals - 07/18/2001 11:37 AM
OK, I posted this in the Mod Questions forums but I didn't really get much help. Anybody in here know how I can do this?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Referrals - 07/18/2001 4:02 PM
Not offhand, but I can look when I get home from work in like ten hours... smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: FAT B0Y Re: Referrals - 07/18/2001 4:08 PM
Thanks Skorp, appreciated smile
Posted By: FAT B0Y Re: Referrals - 07/19/2001 2:36 PM
Bump wink
Posted By: FAT B0Y Re: Referrals - 07/20/2001 3:58 PM
*cough* Help me damn you! *cough* laugh
Posted By: Jamin Re: Referrals - 07/20/2001 4:09 PM
I read that post awhile ago... (didn't see the link in *this* thread till just now though, hehe, stupid bad-contrast laptop!) This might be kinda related to YourStyle, but I'm not sure. As of right now, I don't really have an answer to your question. But as Tech and I get deeper into the way styles work once 6.1 comes out, I might be able to help more.

---Skorpion
Posted By: FAT B0Y Re: Referrals - 07/20/2001 4:55 PM
Ok, thanks mate. smile
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: Referrals - 07/20/2001 6:41 PM
I am not sure but Skorp and I talked about maybe doing this after YourStyle™. But I am not sure.
Posted By: FAT B0Y Re: Referrals - 07/20/2001 10:41 PM
OK, cool. So how far is YourStyle from being completed? Is it just a matter of waiting for the release of UBB6.1 and tweaking it to work with that?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Referrals - 07/20/2001 10:57 PM
"The way it works" is mostly finished. Needs some cleanup to minimize the chance for user error but that's about it. As you said, it's just waiting for 6.1 and updating it to work with that. BUT, we're going to be sprucing it up a little, making it more elegant and user-friendly, and we've got several features that we're either already planning on adding or at least considering adding. So the hack in its entirety has only just begun. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: FAT B0Y Re: Referrals - 07/31/2001 2:20 PM
Any news on this now 6.1 is out? smile
Posted By: Jamin Re: Referrals - 07/31/2001 3:20 PM
Unfortunately, 6.1 didn't have exactly what I thought it would have, so YourStyle is probably going to have to be done the same way it was with 6.0, and it won't be cache friendly. frown Unless we can think of another way, this might end up being a cancelled project because according to Charles the cache is even more important now than it was before, so releasing a hack that forces you to turn it off wouldn't be a good idea.

---Skorpion
Posted By: FAT B0Y Re: Referrals - 07/31/2001 4:21 PM
Oh, sorry to hear about that Skorp. frown About that referrals thing, do you think there will stills be away without YourStle?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Referrals - 08/01/2001 6:10 AM
The problem with changing styles dynamically still remains that (maybe) the cache must be turned off.

I'm not sure if the transition pages get cached or not; if not, the referral thing for transition pages only (right after you post, right after you login, etc.) might work. But I'd guess the registration page and most other "big" pages probably does get cached, so unless we find a way to make the dynamic styles cache friendly (or you know for a fact you're on a monster server and can take one for the team and turn the cache off), it probably wouldn't be the best idea in the world.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: Referrals - 08/01/2001 6:27 AM
Skorp, man you on AIM anymore? I have some ideas on what to do about YourStyle? Email me or soemthing. Better yet I'll pm you.
© UBB.Developers