UBB.Dev
Posted By: Jamin Update on Template² - 02/13/2002 12:30 AM
For those interested, it looks like T2 is once again being pushed back a little ways. I had a major setback: namely, my entire Apache folder (and the Template² dev board along with it) mysteriously disappeared one day, never to be seen again. frown Dunno what that's all about, but it's gone at any rate. Maybe my roommate was jacking around on my box while I was away or something, I dunno.

Anyway, due to this and the fact that my semester has been quite a bit more busy than I ever expected it to be, T2 is going to be pushed back yet again. I'm waiting until 6.2.1 is released, then I'm going to start over. So T2 will be a 6.2.1-designed mod, that may work on 6.2.0 if everything besides polls is still the same or similar enough.

Also, judging from the experience I had before my old folder died, I am thinking now that T2 will no longer have all the required hacks and stuff that I planned on originally. It's just taking too much time to document all the hacks I do, document the changes I make from the original hack instructions, and document T2 itself. So most likely T2 will start with a clean or close-to-clean board. But I do hope to be able to extend support for hacks AFTER I've released it - publishing T2-based template files for hacks and stuff like that.

Sorry to make you all wait so long, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

---Jamin
Posted By: Yamaha Raptor Re: Update on Template² - 02/14/2002 11:35 PM
hey that is ok with me i was not even looking for it till 6.2.1 went finel anyways.
but no rush we all have all the time in the world. wink
you do a really good job what more can anyone ask form you.
Posted By: dende Re: Update on Template² - 02/15/2002 12:36 AM
Yea man, I'm looking forward to this, but with polls coming ou soon, this is what I would've done, too.
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: Update on Template² - 04/24/2002 1:00 AM
Any new news or if this is ever going to be released?

~Speedy~
Posted By: Jamin Re: Update on Template² - 04/24/2002 1:45 AM
FINALLY I've finished the main and most horribly boring part of it for the first beta of 6.3: All templates have the basic structure and are mostly XHTML compliant. Now all that's left is the "big" redesigns of the major views - forumsummary, forumpage, topicpage, and all the posting pages. But those pages go a lot faster since I'm not doing the exact same thing over and over and over again (which is the hardest part for me since i have the attention span of a goldfish).

Barring any major template changes in the upcoming betas/finals of 6.3 - which CC has said won't happen - I expect this to be ready pretty much right when 6.3 Release comes out. I may have a version running on Se7enet before that just for testing purposes tho.

Also, the name will change when I release it, as I'm kinda sick of the whole T² thing... I dunno what I'm going to name it yet, but it will have a different name. smile

Once again, I apologize for being so late with this. This is the problem with having a nonexistant attention span and trying to do something very redundant. wink

---Jamin
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Update on Template² - 04/24/2002 11:11 PM
cool .classic, looking forward to it smile
Posted By: Stilgar Re: Update on Template² - 04/25/2002 2:03 AM
I'm very much looking forward to this. However long it takes, I know when you are done, it will rock. laugh
Posted By: Bookie Re: Update on Template² - 04/25/2002 2:52 AM
They don't call you the Template Diva for nothing. wink Looking forward to this too. laugh
Posted By: dende Re: Update on Template² - 04/25/2002 4:24 AM
whoo!! i can't wait. i've been wanting this ever since the first announcement. smile
Posted By: » Joker Re: Update on Template² - 04/30/2002 3:08 PM
Much looking forward to it... However, for those of us stuck with 6.2, what do we do? frown

And those Template files you're sending with the hack txt. Do I just rehack them if I have hacks on them? For example, Authority List. The files that use that, will I have to hack that with Authority List again? Or is there more to it than that?

Please excuse my newbieness at the moment, this is the first time round that I've actually tried to hack my UBB and been successful.

- Joker
Posted By: CNA2 Re: Update on Template² - 05/26/2002 10:26 PM
Youll have to re hack your .pl files most likely! tipsy
© UBB.Developers