UBB.Dev
Posted By: [MPU]Black last side of topic ? - 09/20/2000 12:55 AM
How can I automatically get the last side when I load a topic/thread ? It's boring everytime clicking the "2" or so to see the newest posts...

------------------
[MPU] rulez
Posted By: empire Re: last side of topic ? - 09/20/2000 1:08 AM
I'm don't follow. What exactly are you trying to do?

------------------
-david
I wish the milkman would deliver my milk.
In the morning.
Posted By: J.C. Re: last side of topic ? - 09/20/2000 6:40 AM
Actually there are several ways. The simplest I believe would be "reverse order" on the replies. You access this thru general settings (licensed version). It puts the last post on top, not buried several pages back (again I say I think, I haven't tried it).

Next would be to use a couple hacks. There is one hack that puts an anchor tag next to the subject in each reply. I think you would also need the multipage hack, as well as the last post by hack that links to the post not the users profile.

I have not done this, but you're right it is annoying having to flip thru. (great for banner impressions but lousy for click through averages..LOL)

Hope that helps,

C_P

------------------
Posted By: [MPU]Black Re: last side of topic ? - 09/20/2000 10:54 PM
thx, I think this could help by now, although it seems to be very untypical to reverse the order. I'll see and try..

other suggestions welcome !!!

------------------
[MPU] rulez
Posted By: [MPU]Black Re: last side of topic ? - 09/20/2000 11:03 PM
@ evil-empire
When I load a topic, the first side is shown, whether or not there are more sides. So I see the first post that was made. But I would like to get automatically the newest page/post in the topic.

------------------
[MPU] rulez
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: last side of topic ? - 09/20/2000 11:57 PM
reverse thread order in your general settings should do the job...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com
© UBB.Developers