UBB.Dev
Posted By: Mr.Natural To the Ubb dev masters!!!!!!!!! - 12/29/2000 9:21 PM
hey masters of the ubb dev universe(lol extreme as* kissing).please help.

got a question for yas.my web site is http://www.karmagames.com (itll redirect ya to my subdomain Rnet).Anyway i want to include in my header and footer my basic layout for my site.Which i have done.But i want to take it a step further and use ssi.Where would i stick the txt.file.mainly for ad banners and my nav bar.But where would i begin to place this?id be awsome if ya could help me

thanx in advance

ps.i see its to late for the contest thingee ya had going.but i think i woulda came in first place.hehe.okay maybe third.let me know if ya think my site rocks.i even have two integrated ubbs and one single members list.not to mention newspro and a article submitter.awsome stuff.

cya
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: To the Ubb dev masters!!!!!!!!! - 12/29/2000 9:30 PM
Here's the SSI tutorial: https://www.ubbdev.com/db/Forum15/HTML/000003.html

------------------
Posted By: Mr.Natural Re: To the Ubb dev masters!!!!!!!!! - 12/29/2000 10:26 PM
ive seen this and use this on my frontcover for my nav bar and adbanner and my newspro.this isnt a problem at all.what i want to do is stick this same html format in my header and footer cats in the ubb general settings but it seems the ubb doesnt support ssi or shtml files.tried it and it dont work.maybe im doing something wrong.

whats anyone think of this.please let me know.thanx

cya
Mr.N
Posted By: Burak Re: To the Ubb dev masters!!!!!!!!! - 12/29/2000 11:58 PM
SSI = Server Side Include

as you see from the name, it is a server side thing. if your server supports ssi only with .shtml extension it does not work with ubb's thread files (html)
Posted By: Mr.Natural Re: To the Ubb dev masters!!!!!!!!! - 12/30/2000 2:01 AM
ah i see.hmmmmmm.can ya usually ask your server adminstrators to change this or is it ususally a big deal.

This message has been edited by Mr.Natural on December 29, 2000 at 06:03 PM
Posted By: Burak Re: To the Ubb dev masters!!!!!!!!! - 12/30/2000 2:24 PM
quote:
well... sometimes yes sometimes not [Linked Image]

There is a HTML to SHTML Mod in the database. click here
© UBB.Developers