UBB.Dev
Posted By: SK8285 Skorpion! - 06/24/2001 2:21 PM
How would you feel if someone figured out your template from www.se7enet.com It looks like a challenge and i want to see if i can do it?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Skorpion! - 06/25/2001 1:40 AM
I would feel much better about people trying to be original and making their own.

But if you actually go to the time to try to figure it out, I suppose it's your decision. I can't really stop you, can I? smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: SK8285 Re: Skorpion! - 06/25/2001 2:08 AM
i would respect ur decision if you dont want me to figure it out....but i bet i can do it in about 2 days max....i mean tell me if you would mind or not me trying to figure out ur template...
Posted By: Djnemesis Re: Skorpion! - 06/25/2001 2:36 AM
I think what he's trying to say is... he redesigned his templates on purpose for his board to be unique from any other board out there, so if you copied it/distributed it I'm sure he wouldn't like that.
Posted By: --Neo Re: Skorpion! - 06/25/2001 4:17 PM
yeah, I think Skorp wants his forum to be 'the one and only' laugh

[edit] A bit like himself wink

[ June 25, 2001 09:18 AM: Message edited by: --Neo ]
Posted By: SK8285 Re: Skorpion! - 06/25/2001 5:21 PM
ok i guess i wont do it...but anyone have any suggestions on how a ubb should look
Posted By: Djnemesis Re: Skorpion! - 06/25/2001 8:33 PM
just use ya own judgement on how you'd like it to look. I mean, it's your site and your board, do a design that pleases you. smile

At least, that's what i always do.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Skorpion! - 06/25/2001 11:23 PM
Thanks, Djn and Neo... I couldn't have said it better myself. If I didn't care about being original, I would just release a copy of all the templates and tell people to do what they want with them. But I rather like the feeling of being the only UBB out there that looks like this.

Like I said, there's technically nothing I can do to stop you from ganking my templates. But lemme tell ya, it will feel a *lot* better when you're done if what you've accomplished is completely your own. Anyone who has an HTML For Dummies book and a little bit of common sense can probably do a decent emulation of my templates. But it takes a little more than that to be original. smile

---Skorpion
© UBB.Developers