UBB.Dev
Posted By: Studio Detox More Help with Graemlins and Smilies - 07/20/2001 5:00 PM
I am at the point were I was able to remove the visual of the smiles and graemlins off of the pages that visitors see. Or atleast their ability to shortcut by pressing the graemlin button, but if you still enter in ":D" or any of the other shortcuts it shows the smiles. How can I disable this funtion all together?

--Skorpian thanks for your help I really appreciate it.
Posted By: Jamin Re: More Help with Graemlins and Smilies - 07/20/2001 5:10 PM
Um..... I am not sure if there is actually a disable option or not. But maybe if you install the Smilies/Graemlins control panel hack (that is supposed to let you add more smilies) you could delete them...

The actual smilie code might be in ubb_lib_posting.cgi as well, but I don't have that file in front of me so I can't tell for sure.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Bookie Re: More Help with Graemlins and Smilies - 07/20/2001 5:41 PM
yes, you could do that with smilies mod..

but isnt there a check box that says "Disable smilies in this post"

what if you were to, by default have that selected, and make it so ur members cannot chnage that
Posted By: - Nick - Re: More Help with Graemlins and Smilies - 07/30/2001 10:39 PM
quote:
I believe that the code you are looking for is in ubb_lib.cgi, search for something along the lines of "message to smilie-fy" and underneath will be a list of smilies and their relavent shortcuts (e.g. :D), I think if you deleted the whole section on smilies they should be gone. There also may be some Graemlin code in ubb_lib_posting.cgi, remember to make back-ups before you start to modify the files!
© UBB.Developers