UBB.Dev
Posted By: Anam0rphosIs Header and footer problem - 08/05/2001 11:32 PM
Hey lads, I am having problems again. I would want to add this piece of HTML (Please excuse the many errors it might hold, it's FP's work) to my board, and make it appear at the left side of my board. But how on earth do I do that?

I've heard you have to split the code into 2 and put one part in the header, and one part in the footer, I tried this, but everything get's skrewed up.

Here's the HTML I want to add, can someone please part it the correct way?:

Code
code:
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: Header and footer problem - 08/06/2001 12:21 AM
Do you have this implented on a non-html page so I can see it in action?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Header and footer problem - 08/06/2001 12:27 AM
Put everything BEFORE the cell you have for UBB in the Header field, and everything AFTER the UBB cell in the Footer field. Since you didn't post anything that denoted where you wanted your UBB to go, as far as I can tell, just go by that I suppose.

https://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000001

Use that tutorial for more info.

---Skorpion
Posted By: Anam0rphosIs Re: Header and footer problem - 08/06/2001 10:44 AM
Ok, thanks guys, something is still a bit unclear though, it says in the tutorial:

This is accomplished using tables and is easily done by copying the correct parts of the tables into the "header" and "footer" boxes in your general settings part of your control panel. Basically, you start a table in the header, and end the table in the footer, placing your ubb in the middle.

What's the code for the entire UBB? Should I just use virtual include?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Header and footer problem - 08/06/2001 3:17 PM
No. If you put the top part of your table in the HEader field, and the bottom part of your table in the Footer field, the UBB will naturally fall between them.

---Skorpion
© UBB.Developers