UBB.Dev
Posted By: bradmagic Moving "Report Post" and etc. - 01/03/2003 4:21 AM
I've been looking around here and couldn't find any documentation on how I can take the "report post" icon in 6.3.1.2. and move it from the bottom of a post to the top. Just like here on UBBdev.

Another item I'm certain is around here, but I'm too inept to find it or figure it out myself, is another feature used here. In a forum's display, in the "last topic" area there is the infamous blue arrow that brings a user right to the latest post....How can that be done?

...perhaps a kind soul can lead me into the right direction. ("That way." Which way? "Up.")

-Brad
"If itching persists contact doctor."
"Make the most out of toast."
"Laugh your way out of an intense bathroom situation."
Posted By: Ron M Re: Moving "Report Post" and etc. - 01/03/2003 4:39 AM
Find $report_icon

and move it on a new line directly after $direct_reply. That will move the report post icon.
Posted By: bradmagic Re: Moving "Report Post" and etc. - 01/03/2003 10:53 AM
Ah, thank you. It works quite nice. I have a pipe showing between the direct reply icon and the report icon. How can that be removed?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Moving "Report Post" and etc. - 01/04/2003 6:34 AM
Pipe? Can you post a screenshot maybe?
Posted By: Ron M Re: Moving "Report Post" and etc. - 01/04/2003 7:37 AM
There's a | that is inserted in the bottom line before the report post. I can't remember where that is added to that variable. I'll have to rummage around in the cgi.
Posted By: Ron M Re: Moving "Report Post" and etc. - 01/04/2003 7:55 AM
Ok. I think I found it.

About like 1503 in ubb_lib_posting.cgi you will see

$report_icon = qq~$vars_config{'jc'}->{'ip-divider'}

I *think* if you remove the the part I posted after the equal sign it should remove the pipe.

Note: I have not tested this, and may not work properly, so use at your own risk smile
Posted By: bradmagic Re: Moving "Report Post" and etc. - 01/04/2003 9:23 AM
Sub Zero, a good suggestion. I did the same thing when I was trying to figure out where the pipe was coming from. ....Just in case, I did try removing the portion (that you copied above) after the equal sign.... I receive the following error:
CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi: syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 1442, near ""
syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 1442, near "/a>syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 1443, near "} else"
syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 1449, near "}"

That must tell something.
I'd put it back in, and i'll keep searching.
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Moving "Report Post" and etc. - 01/07/2003 2:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bradmagic:
Sub Zero, a good suggestion. I did the same thing when I was trying to figure out where the pipe was coming from. ....Just in case, I did try removing the portion (that you copied above) after the equal sign.... I receive the following error:
CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi: syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 1442, near ""
syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 1442, near "/a>syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 1443, near "} else"
syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 1449, near "}"

That must tell something.
Only this should be removed Brad:
$vars_config{'jc'}->{'ip-divider'}

Not:
qq~$vars_config{'jc'}->{'ip-divider'}

When you take out "qq~" UBB is looking for the code which will no longer exist after you deleted it. You can also do this:

Find (in ubb_lib_posting.cgi):

Code
[/code]and replace it with:

[code]
After just place your $report_icon in the topic page where you want. In the replace code I took out the "span style" codes since I use CSS in the header.
or just replace divider w/ space so it looks like this

qq~$vars_config{'jc'}->{'nbsp-space'}

[code][/code]
© UBB.Developers