UBB.Dev
Posted By: [JoKer] - dD Row Underneath Category? - 05/18/2003 12:20 PM
There's a row on top of the forums in the category, right? With the actual category name. Would it be possible to get one underneath it, without the category name, as well? So it would be.

CATEGORY NAME
FORUM 1 NAME
FORUM 2 NAME
ROW THAT I WANT PLACING

CATEGORY NAME
FORUM 3 NAME...

etc.

Is that even possible? If so, I'd appreciate any input. Yes, I do have 6.3.1 (or 6.2 as some people keep saying, please explain that to me).

Apologies and everything if I appear a complete n00b, it's been a long time since I've done anything to UBB.

- [JoKer]
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Row Underneath Category? - 05/20/2003 4:45 AM
You could add another Table under the Category column. The problem with that however is it will repeat for every column you have up. I haven't tried nor seen a row that will only show up once under a specific Category. smile

Your UBB version should be listed at the bottom of the UBB's copyright. smile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Row Underneath Category? - 05/20/2003 5:43 AM
you could try doing this...

FIND
Code
[/code]REPLACE WITH...

[code]
I think that should work, if it messes up the look of the cells, you might want to mess the colspan.

If it works, credit to Allen for the Separate Categories hack, if it doesn't, Credit to me frown
Posted By: [JoKer] - dD Re: Row Underneath Category? - 05/20/2003 11:32 PM
I already have seperated categories. And I DO want the seperate table under every category, but am a total god at screwing up the simplest of tasks, so can somebody please just post the code I need to add and where. PLEASE.

- [JoKer]
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Row Underneath Category? - 05/21/2003 3:11 AM
I'm not sure if adding a separate row (e.g., ROW THAT I WANT PLACING) under only one of the Categories is possible. Hmm...
Posted By: [JoKer] - dD Re: Row Underneath Category? - 05/29/2003 1:36 PM
Bah. /me wants a row underneath all of the categories. Sorry for not making that clear.

- [JoKer]
Posted By: [JoKer] - dD Re: Row Underneath Category? - 05/30/2003 10:57 AM
Weird Al: Yeah, that SHOULD work, unfortunately, the second open brackets are classed as closed brackets and causes a syntax error. So, is there anyway of changing that?

Cheers for your help.

- [JoKer]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Row Underneath Category? - 05/30/2003 4:07 PM
try adding a ; to the end of that line:

[code][/code]
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Row Underneath Category? - 05/30/2003 11:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
try adding a ; to the end of that line:

[code][/code]
and this is why I like C++ better, I can do all the hard stuff, but I alway forget a ; frown UBB should get a compiler smile
Posted By: [JoKer] - dD Re: Row Underneath Category? - 06/01/2003 10:52 AM
But... It's the quote marks (not the brackets, sorry, my bad).

[code][/code]It's not doing a great deal.

Is there any other way of opening and closing, without using double quote marks? I tried single, but that didn't work. Is what I'm thinking (to add a row underneath, you can't do it in the category spacer) true?

- [JoKer]
Posted By: [JoKer] - dD Re: Row Underneath Category? - 06/01/2003 10:57 AM
Allen: There already IS a ';' at the end.

- [JoKer]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Row Underneath Category? - 06/01/2003 4:08 PM
not in the code Al posted for you smile
Posted By: [JoKer] - dD Re: Row Underneath Category? - 06/14/2003 11:29 AM
Hmmm...

Got any ideas, then?

- [JoKer]
© UBB.Developers