UBB.Dev
Posted By: MegaW Blog - 01/19/2006 5:48 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to customizing UBB, but have a rather daunting task ahead of me - creating a blog for my site.

I already have a fully functional UBB.classic 6.7.2, and figured that customizing a forum to look like a blog would probably be a neat thing to do. I now have a invisible forum (separate from the rest of the board) that allows only authorized users to create topics and post. Have customized the colors, graphics, etc. using custom styles. But now I need to get rid of the "my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home" links, "Recent Visitors" box, "Posting rights" box, "Hop to" box, etc. - to make this look more like a blog separate from the board.

My research shows that this is possible using template customization, but I wanted some input from the experts here before I delve into this complicated code...

Any help is appreciated
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Blog - 01/19/2006 10:34 PM
'eh the route i'd go would be using this one forum for posting blog posts, then use the phpnews addon to display the content of this forum to a site on yoru pain page (as most places would do with news)...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Blog - 01/21/2006 6:07 PM
Yes smile

You can have custom templates for a particular forum then remove those links from the top. I've done something similar at my personal site. The people who run the blog write a lot for a couple weeks then they tend to back off/ stop. They enjoyed it tho smile
Posted By: MegaW Re: Blog - 01/21/2006 8:58 PM
Does anybody know a good resource on "How-To" for custom templates? Like I said I'm new to this and need a comprehensive manual/guide.
© UBB.Developers