UBB.Dev
Posted By: CTH Java and HTML - 10/07/2000 3:02 AM
Hey,

I want to incorporate a Java chat into my whose online.cgi

Firstly is this possible ????

Secondly does anyone know of any cool free java chats because all the ones I've found so far are excessively ad ridden to say the least [Linked Image]

TotalNewbie
Posted By: J.C. Re: Java and HTML - 10/07/2000 3:17 AM
Hearme.com is what I use, and there is a hack here for it..

(I didn't bother wiht the hack though)

Demo

------------------
Cyber-Poetry.com
UBB Layout Designer/Affiliate
Posted By: empire Re: Java and HTML - 10/07/2000 5:30 AM
I found jirc.com, and downloaded the demo. Haven't done anything with it though.

I don't really mess with Java (ick), but if you want to incorporate it into online.cgi, just find the documentation that the applet distributor will likely give you, and work from there. Something about params, and such.

that probably wasn't very helpful. But, thats because each applet is different and you will likely need specialized code for different applets. I'm skeptical about finding a free chat that you could incorporate into your own design.

PS:
I got your emails, buy my program sucks so I haven't gotten back to you. Documenting that one hack is great, but I wouldn't really call it a hack either. It's one of those quasi-hacks, a HTML hack. Tricky and annoying maybe, but not really code hacking. There are a bunch. But sure. As for your email, thanks...but i rarely use email. Sooooo 1997. I mostly am on ICQ (55129078), if you want to contact me.

------------------
-david
I stand on my head and watch it all go away.
© UBB.Developers