UBB.Dev
Posted By: Phil Another SSI question - 01/16/2001 3:33 AM
Is it possible to use the SS Include to execute a CGI script that resides on another server? For example say the page in question was located at http://www.myserver.com/page.shtml and it contained the SSI tag Would this work?

The reason i ask is because my ubb is set up on a IIS server that, due to it not being unix/linux, does not have sendmail and doesnt have SMTP mail facilities either. But i would like to set up a mailing list/feedback system on the site and would need the email facilities for these to work.

So what i was thinking is that maybe i could install the scripts on a unix/linux based server and simply include them using SSI. Providing thats possible that is.

------------------

"Oh bugger, now what the hell have I done wrong?"
Posted By: DemonBob Re: Another SSI question - 01/16/2001 3:39 AM
Well I am no expert. But the logical answer is yes it should. But I do not know for a fact. [Linked Image]

------------------
"In every man there is evil. But the question is what is true evil?"
- @DemonBob@ the original Malo hombre
Posted By: Phil Re: Another SSI question - 01/16/2001 3:42 AM
Ive just been experimenting and it doesnt work..... I get "Cannot #exec due to lack of EXECUTE permissions"

Never mind, ill just set up some frames instead.

------------------

"Oh bugger, now what the hell have I done wrong?"
Posted By: freak.scene Re: Another SSI question - 01/16/2001 3:58 AM
Phil, sounds like you are on an Apache server (same here). Use in place of and you should be good to go [Linked Image]

------------------
Jeremiah
FreakScene - The Dinosaur Jr Audio/Visual Archive
My UBB
In
( ((((((((((((((STEREO))))))))))))) ) )
Where Available
Posted By: empire Re: Another SSI question - 01/16/2001 4:39 AM
technically, this is a server-side issue, but since the script at hand is CGI, I'm moving this to the CGI forums. Forgive me if I'm wrong in doing this.

------------------
a nothing thing
© UBB.Developers