UBB.Dev
Posted By: Digital Boy Toggle Javascript - 01/31/2001 9:02 PM
I have the follow code in an html page:

NR

The code works fine in IE, but not in NS. What changes do I have to make to ensure that this code works in NS? Thanks in advance.

- DB

------------------
Administrator
UBB Developers Network
https://ubbdev.com/
Posted By: zombiefro Re: Toggle Javascript - 02/10/2001 4:22 PM
I am not overly sure but I have a few ideas. It is something to do with referring to the layers, and the visibility properties, like NS uses document.layers instead of document.all and visiblity=hide instead of hidden etc. I am sure you will find your answer at http://developer.netscape.com though...

Good luck, and rate me wink

~ fro
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Toggle Javascript - 02/11/2001 1:25 AM
Besides that, you have to keep something in mind...

BITMAPS ARE NOT A WEB FORMAT! *whap upside the head*

Use PNG, JPEG, or GIF, in order of preference. :-P
Posted By: zombiefro Re: Toggle Javascript - 02/11/2001 8:55 AM
PNGs are beautiful, but do not forget they are not supported by as late as version 4 of Netscape. I am not too sure which versions support them, but the images have to be downloaded as they are not a recognised format by the browser.

Anyway, going off at a slight tangent there, good point about the bit maps.

~ fro
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Toggle Javascript - 02/11/2001 12:51 PM
PNGs are natively supported by Netscape as of 4.02, so using them is a nonissue.

It's the variable transparency bit that few browsers support. In fact, IIRC Mozilla is the only browser to this point that supports the full transparency features... I believe its called alpha channels, but it's 3 AM and my brain is mush. *L*
Posted By: zombiefro Re: Toggle Javascript - 02/11/2001 7:13 PM
LOL...I think you are right. wink

~ fro
Posted By: Digital Boy Re: Toggle Javascript - 02/12/2001 2:37 PM
It's the theory behind it. I'm developing this for a browser specific to interactive TV. I'm more concerned about the javascript rather then the image.

- DB
Posted By: zombiefro Re: Toggle Javascript - 02/12/2001 7:42 PM
DB: Do not worry, because I was disregarding the image when I replied, but I hope I pointed you in the right direction.

~ fro
© UBB.Developers