UBB.Dev
Posted By: Aragorn What is the code to... - 02/25/2001 7:44 PM
...display NewsPro news in tables similar to those seen on the main page of this website? I set up newspro, I just need to integrate the news into my HTML page. laugh

Thanks wink
Posted By: Burak Re: What is the code to... - 02/25/2001 11:24 PM
newspro uses a template for the messages. login to your newpro and edit the template...
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: What is the code to... - 02/26/2001 1:21 AM
you need to use a SSI to get the news to show up on your page. i use newspro, and mine looks like this:
Code
code:
Posted By: Aragorn Re: What is the code to... - 02/26/2001 2:17 AM
I did that, Matt, and nothing shows still... what do you suppose the prob is?
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: What is the code to... - 02/26/2001 2:54 AM
does your page end with the .shtml extension?? is the server apache or nt?
Posted By: Aragorn Re: What is the code to... - 02/26/2001 3:02 AM
The file is called index.html, and when I changed it to index.shtml, the server acted like there wasnt an index file and pulled up the directory.

And, yes, Apache. (F2S server)
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: What is the code to... - 02/26/2001 5:35 AM
i think i'm beginning to see what the problem is. anyone know if F2S even supports SSI?
Posted By: Burak Re: What is the code to... - 02/26/2001 2:24 PM
f2s supports ssi only in *.shtml extension and it does not recognize other index files as the index file laugh I tried to use index.cgi as the index file but it didnt see it.
Posted By: NSX Re: What is the code to... - 02/26/2001 9:04 PM
Is there a way to get active topics or latest topics to show up on a front index page without using SSI? Maybe a Java script that could pull the data from the active.cgi pages and post as text?
Posted By: Aragorn Re: What is the code to... - 02/27/2001 12:02 AM
Im moving to Interserver soon... does anybody who uses NewsPro also use Interserver? I would like to know ahead of time if I will be facing the same dillemma after my 'move'. smile
Posted By: NSX Re: What is the code to... - 02/27/2001 3:49 AM
OK, I figured out how to get a News Fader (Latest Active Topics) to display on non-SSI servers. I have uploaded a new hack called non-SSI News Fader.

This hack will allow you to easliy display your latest topics on your front page or other non-Forum pages.

Get it here:
non-SSI News Fader

Bill
© UBB.Developers