UBB.Dev
Posted By: LarryD well, i've looked everywhere... - 07/26/2001 6:06 PM
it's been two days now and i still can't figure out how i can get to include a .htm file into my v6 header.

since v6 doesnt create .html pages, i can't use the old cgi include command.

what are my options for including a file in the header? it's a list of headlines that'll change throughout the day.
Posted By: Javier97Z28 Re: well, i've looked everywhere... - 07/26/2001 6:12 PM
You may want to look into the newsfader hack.. I haven't used it myself (b/c i don't really need it right now).. but it may do what ya need...
Posted By: LarryD Re: well, i've looked everywhere... - 07/26/2001 6:24 PM
i'll take a look at it, but the list of headlines aren't ubb ones. i work at a news site and the headlines come from the newspaper/wire services. i can include them in a regular ssi fashion on our newspages, but to work them into a v6 forum i need another solution.

reason i want this is because our forum is so popular, everyone hits there first to see if there's any breaking news before going to the news page where the headlines are included. i want to put them on the forum, too.
Posted By: Stilgar Re: well, i've looked everywhere... - 07/26/2001 9:16 PM
You may find better help in the HTML, Javascript, & CSS forum. I'll move this thread so catch up to it there. laugh
Posted By: LarryD Re: well, i've looked everywhere... - 07/27/2001 3:38 PM
thanks. help.

i've seen rumors of a javascript solution, but i can't find anything that spells out how to do it. or even confirmation that it would meet my needs.
© UBB.Developers