UBB.Dev
Posted By: UltraNEO* HELP!! Need a Flash and UBB Professional - 06/15/2001 12:21 AM
Hi, I'm wanna make our website completly from flash but i want to keep the ubb forum.

So does anyone know how to add the Ubb forum into flash as Dynamic text?

[ June 14, 2001 05:26 PM: Message edited by: UltraNEO* ]
Posted By: Bookie Re: HELP!! Need a Flash and UBB Professional - 06/15/2001 12:58 AM
i dont think that this would be possible unless you were to create frames all around the flash and where the text is on ur other pages put a frame that ur ubb will load in... i really dont recommend making an all flash site though seeing how they take forever to make (good ones) and you cant really use cgi in it
CGI's work in flash if you use the GET command in your ActionScirpts... don't use POST but how do i create a layer in flash for Dynamic Text???

I done it with multiple layers of flash but not a mix of flash and Dynamic Text. frown

Please Help !!!
Posted By: Burak Re: HELP!! Need a Flash and UBB Professional - 06/16/2001 3:05 PM
Mission:Impossible :rolleyes:

no one makes this for free... you want to build a new forum program tipsy
We'll see!!..... (wish me luck!) laugh
Posted By: Bookie Re: HELP!! Need a Flash and UBB Professional - 06/16/2001 8:57 PM
if u ever get this done itd be interesting to see, post it up if u do.. but like as said before it pretty much is mission impossible
Posted By: UltraNEO* Re: HELP!! Need a Flash and UBB Professional - 06/16/2001 10:07 PM
Ok... I'll post the actionscript, after i solve the problem...

Guess i open a can of worms huh? But i'm up for the challenge smile Well since you all helped me so much with UBB it's only fair to solve this one and post the script.

Just give me some time......lots! Hehe

laugh
there is an all flash UBB at x-pressive.com
Posted By: KGB Re: HELP!! Need a Flash and UBB Professional - 06/21/2001 3:54 AM
Nice web site!
mine or x-pressive.com
Shockfusion is another example of a flash-based UBB, though I don't believe they use UBB.

You can definitely do it, but it's a hell of a hassle ...
Prepare to get REAL friendly with loadVariables. Also, any part of the CGI that returns HTML will boot you out of the Flash.

What do you mean by "how do i create a layer in flash for Dynamic Text?"?
You just put a text object on the layer, switch to the Text Options palette, and make it dynamic text ... and give it a variable name. Or did I misunderstand you?
Posted By: Travis Re: HELP!! Need a Flash and UBB Professional - 08/14/2001 11:49 PM
I HAVE seen a UBB made completely out of flash before.... But that's been quite a while, since I've seen it. I don't believe it was the one Tech-Ni-Kal posted. But If I can find the link again, I will show you.

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: Travis ]
Posted By: RandyM Re: HELP!! Need a Flash and UBB Professional - 08/19/2001 6:53 AM
I have to admit that the Flash at x-pressive was some great work, but I think it's too distracting to an effective board.
© UBB.Developers